Did you create a bucket list for yourself or your family for the summer? How about your dog? A bucket list does not necessarily mean a grand adventure for just humans. The main point of a bucket list is trying something new. If you need inspiration, check out the following list of ideas for a summer bucket list for your dog.
Before going anywhere new, research the guidelines for bringing your pet. Many travel areas understand dogs are valuable family members. Other destinations may not be pet friendly. Researching or calling is the best way to learn the rules for bringing your faithful four-legged companion.
- Hit the Trails: Get outside. Go to your favorite hiking spot or find a new one. Spend the day exploring.
- Camp Out: Pet-friendly campgrounds cater to pets by offering dog runs or other play areas. Researching is the best way to find the best campground for you and your dog.
- Go to the Dog Park: Dog parks are exciting for your four-legged companion. Dogs love socialization and play. Try to visit your local dog park regularly. Next, go to a dog park. Different play areas are a new adventure for your dog.
- Pet-Friendly Hotel: Do you and your dog need a relaxing night away? Go to a pet-friendly hotel for the night or the entire weekend. Many hotels strive to include family pets in their accommodations. Order room service. Enjoy a night of relaxation with your fur baby.
- BBQ Time: Grill steak or chicken for you and your pet to enjoy. Or host a dog-friendly BBQ for your friends and their pets.
- Spend Time at the Lake: If your dog loves to swim, head to your local pet-friendly lake. Pack a lunch. Spending time at the lake is an activity your entire family will enjoy.
- Pet-Friendly Backyard: Redesign a portion of your backyard with your dog in mind. Install a dog activity area with ramps for running, add a small child’s swimming pool, a watering station, shade area, dog run, and more.
- Professional Photo: As a pet owner, you probably have hundreds (or thousands) of photos of your pet with your family. Not to mention, the extra selfies of you and your pet together. But do you have a professional photo?
- Cuddle Time: Watching your favorite videos, sitting on your couch, and cuddling with your pet is a great way to spend an evening.
Coming up with a summer bucket list for your dog is a great family activity. Enjoy all the different ideas together.