Did you know February 3rd is Doggy Date Night? How should you celebrate? Simply give your favorite four-legged companion some extra love and time. Do you need some ideas to make Doggie Date Night a fun evening?
Doggy Date Night Ideas
1. Go for a Hike: Does your dog enjoy being outdoors? Celebrate Doggy Date Night by going for a hike or an extra-long walk.
2. Go to the Dog Park: If it’s not your customarily scheduled day to go to the park, celebrate Doggy Date Night with an extra visit. Invite your friends to join with their dogs. The outing is perfect for you to catch up with your friends, plus your dog gets a play date.
3. New Toys: Buy a new squeaky, ball, or chew toy. Or take your dog to your local pet store to pick out a new toy.
4. New Leash and Collar: When was the last time you bought your dog a new leash or collar? Update your pet’s accessories.
5. Special Treat: Make homemade dog bones or muffins. If you cannot make homemade, buy high-quality treats from your reputable pet store.
6. Go On a Road Trip: The road trip does not need to be far away. When dogs love to ride in a vehicle, a trip to run errands is a wonderful treat. Of course, you can go on a long road trip. Depending on the weather, you can go to the lake or other favorite destinations.
7. Cuddle Time: After a long day, the best way to celebrate Doggy Date Night is cuddle time. Snuggle together on the couch while you binge-watch your favorite show.
Spending extra quality time with your dog is the best way to celebrate Doggy Date Night.
Even if you do not have a dog, you can still join in on the fun. Numerous animal shelters and rescues need dog walkers. Celebrate Doggy Date Night by volunteering your time to walk a dog. Who knows by volunteering your time, you may end up finding your new furry friend.