Easter is almost here. Are you enjoying yourself? Easter week is a wonderful time to make extra entries in your journal. Daily journal entries about Easter are a great way to reflect, express emotions, and enjoy the holiday. If you are searching for inspiration, check out the following journal writing prompts for Easter.
- What does Easter mean to you?
- How do you celebrate Easter? With your family? With your friends? In the community? School? Work? Go into detail.
- How are you going to spend this Easter weekend?
- Are you going to participate in any Good Friday services or activities?
- Do you send out Easter cards? Why or why not?
- How do you plan to spend Easter Sunday? Are you going to church? Sunrise Service? Regular Service? Or skipping?
- Describe attending Good Friday or Easter Sunday service. What was your favorite part? What did you dislike? Will you go again?
- Do you regularly attend church services? How is Easter time different for your church community?
- Did you participate in Lent? What did you give up? Describe the experience.
- Why is participating in the Lenten season important to you?
- What is your favorite song to hear at Easter? Why does this song mean so much to you?
- What is your favorite memory of Easter? Why?
- Did you celebrate Easter as a child? What was a typical Easter like for you? Your family? Your friends?
- What is your first memory of Easter at church as a child?
- Did you get Easter baskets as a child? What other traditions did your family do at Easter time?
- What was your favorite Easter basket toy, candy, etc.? Why are these items so memorable?
- Do you do any childhood traditions with your family? Why or why not?
- Did you create an Easter basket this year for your family? Your friends? Your dog? What did you put in the baskets?
- Did you dye Easter eggs as a child? Describe the experience.
- Did you dye Easter eggs this year with your friends or family? Describe the experience. Who helped you dye eggs? What colors did you use?
- Did you participate in Easter egg hunts as a child? What do you remember the most about the event?
- Are you or did you hide Easter eggs this year? Describe the experience.
- As a child, what was your favorite item to find inside of an Easter egg? Why?
- As an adult, what would you like to find inside an Easter egg? Why?
- Do you have a favorite Easter egg? Describe the color, the pattern, and other important attributes.
- Are you cooking a traditional Easter meal? What will you serve?
- When you were a child, what was your Easter dinner? What was your favorite part of the meal? Do you still cook the same meal today?
- Has the significance of Easter changed for you over the years? Why?
- What was your favorite memory of Easter this year?
- What are you going to change for Easter 2024?
Do you want to write extra entries in your journal about Valentine’s Day? If you are searching for inspiration, consider the following Valentine’s Day journal writing prompts. Remember there is no right or wrong answer. Just write for yourself.
- What does Valentine’s Day mean to you?
- What does Valentine’s Day mean to you as a single person?
- What does Valentine’s Day mean to you when you are in a relationship or married?
- What are the top three things you love about Valentine’s Day?
- How do you plan to spend Valentine’s Day 2023?
- What type of Valentine’s Day gift do you like? Flowers? Chocolates? Jewelry? Stuffed animal? Why?
- What was your favorite Valentine’s Day gift? Why was this one so special?
- Write about that special person who makes you feel loved.
- Write 15 words that you associate with Valentine’s Day.
- How do you describe love?
- Write your love story. How did you meet your current partner or spouse?
- What does romance mean to you?
- What is the most romantic gesture someone has done for you?
- How do you express your love to others?
- Write about your favorite Valentine’s Day.
- Write about your worst Valentine’s Day.
- When you were younger, did you pass out Valentine’s Day cards in school?
- Did your classroom host a Valentine’s Day party each year?
- What was your favorite Valentine’s Day party as a child? Teen? Or adult?
- Describe your school experience with Valentine’s Day?
- Describe your ideal Valentine’s Day date?
- Describe your first Valentine’s Day date. What did you do?
- Do you decorate for Valentine’s Day? Why or why not?
- What is your favorite Valentine’s Day or related movie?
- Do you celebrate Valentine’s Day as a family?
Have a great Valentine’s Day! Happy writing!
Are you a fan of Valentine’s Day? Are you looking to express your love for the holiday by drawing but just do not know where to begin? Consider the following drawing prompts for Valentine’s Day for inspiration.
- Valentine’s Day self-portrait (Think lots of hearts)
- Someone you love.
- Design a Valentine’s Day stamp.
- Candy conversational hearts
- Connecting hearts
- Heart with an arrow
- Joined hearts.
- Love bugs
- A Valentine’s Day card
- Valentine’s Day coupons
- Key to my heart
- Teddy bear
Happy Valentine’s Day! Happy drawing!
It’s February! Are you ready to continue writing in your journal? Do you need inspiration to get you going? If the answer is yes, check out February’s journal writing prompts.
- How did January 2023 go for you? Your family? Your friends? Work? School? Other commitments? Write about your highs and lows for the month.
- What do you hope to accomplish this month? Write 5 goals.
- Write about your goals for the rest of 2023.
- How are your resolutions for 2023 going? Are you still sticking to your goals? Why or why not?
- Free write for 20 minutes.
- Create a grateful list.
- What is one thing that made you laugh today? Why was it so funny?
- Write about a recent dream. What do you think the dream means?
- What is going well in your personal life right now? Why do you feel this is important?
- What areas in your life could use improvement? Write out a plan to work toward improving yourself in this area.
- Make a list of people (friends, family, co-workers) who you see on a daily basis or spend a significant amount of time with. How do these people influence you? Your moods? Your actions?
- Write about your fears? Do your worries affect your behavior? Why or why not?
- What steps can you take to alleviate your fears?
- Happy Valentine’s Day! Write about your day! Did you celebrate?
- What are your bad habits? Are you taking steps to eliminate them? What are you doing to change them?
- Are you making healthy choices right now? In what ways can you improve your health? Even small changes impact your overall health.
- Name a skill or hobby you want to learn. What is stopping you?
- What trips are you hoping to take in 2023? Make a list. Even if the trips are small, create a bucket list for travel.
- What was your favorite trip in 2022? Why was the trip so memorable?
- What was your least favorite trip in 2022? Why did you not enjoy yourself?
- If you were a time traveler, where would you go? Why?
- Write about your top five strengths. Why do these attributes stick out the most to you?
- In your opinion, what attributes do you associate with being a good friend? Do you feel you are a good friend to others? Why or why not?
- What past personal events do you need to forgive yourself for? Why are these activities or actions still bothering you today? What can you do to start moving forward with peace for these actions?
- Do you believe you are a truth-seeker? Why or why not?
- Describe your religious or spiritual views? Have they changed over the years? Why or why not?
- What did you do just for yourself today? Last week? Last month? Last year? Describe in detail.
- Do you feel you are the same person as last year? Five years ago? 10 years ago? Do you plan to make changes this year? Why?
Happy February! Happy Writing!
Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Are you ready for the holiday festivities? Do you want to add Thanksgiving-themed entries to your journal? If you are searching for inspiration, check out the following journal prompts for Thanksgiving.
- Create a gratitude list for Thanksgiving. Try to reach a minimum of 10.
- Did you list people on your gratitude list? How do you show you are grateful to have those people in your life? Could you do more to thank them? If so, what would you do?
- What are your plans for Thanksgiving? Are you hosting a Thanksgiving? Or traveling? Describe your plans in detail.
- Are your plans your normal Thanksgiving tradition? Or are you doing something different this year? What is the same or different for Thanksgiving 2022?
- If you are hosting, do you plan to cook the entire meal? Or do others help you?
- Is there a special dish or recipe you serve yearly at Thanksgiving? Why is the recipe so special?
- What is a traditional Thanksgiving dish that will not be on your dinner table this year? Why?
- Who are you planning to invite to your Thanksgiving meal? Are you having extended family over? Or friends?
- What new Thanksgiving tradition do you plan to start this year?
- Why are Thanksgiving traditions important to you and your family?
- If you could invite anyone to Thanksgiving, who would be at your dinner table? Why do wish this person could attend?
- Growing up, did your family host big Thanksgiving dinners? Describe a typical Thanksgiving from your childhood?
- What was the best part of your childhood Thanksgivings? Why?
- Do you still incorporate traditions or activities from your childhood into your own Thanksgiving plans? What are they? Do you change them at all?
- Describe earliest memory of Thanksgiving?
- Are you planning to participate in Black Friday shopping the day after Thanksgiving? Why or why not?
- What was your favorite Thanksgiving ever? Why?
- Are you married, engaged, living with a person? Write about your first Thanksgiving as a couple.
- Write about your first Thanksgiving as a family. (Yes, your dog counts as family)
- Have you ever been to restaurant on Thanksgiving? Describe your experience. Would you go again? Why or why not?
- Did you ever march or attend a Thanksgiving parade? If you marched, write about your experience. Were you in the band or did you ride a float? If you attended, what was the best part about being a spectator?
- Describe how your kitchen smells, sounds, or feels when cooking or baking on Thanksgiving?
- If you were talking to someone from another country, how would you describe your Thanksgiving celebrations?
- Do you watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving parade on television? What is your favorite part? Why?
- Do you believe Thanksgiving should receive more recognition as a holiday? Why or why not?
- After Thanksgiving, write about how your day went? Did everything go according to plan?
- What was the best part about your Thanksgiving 2022?
Happy Thanksgiving! Keep writing!
Are you ready for November? The month brings the election, time change, Veterans Day, and Thanksgiving. All subjects are excellent for entries in your journal. Whether you are a daily writer or just starting, check out the following journal writing prompts for November.
- What are your highs and lows from October? Were there any moments you want to remember forever? Or did you have some days that you just wanted to stay in bed? Write a list of five highs and lows.
- What do you hope to accomplish this month or the remainder of 2022?
- Are you looking forward to the holiday season? Why or why not?
- What is your biggest concern right now? What steps are you taking to alleviate your anxiety?
- What small change would you like to make in your life right now? What is stopping you from making the change?
- Daylight Savings Time Ends today. How does moving the clock back an hour affect you? Do you enjoy the time change? Or does your body need extra time to adjust to the difference?
- Are you a registered voter? What do you think of the election process?
- Did you go vote today? Write about your experience.
- Are you happy with the election outcome in your area? Why or why not?
- Describe your morning ritual. Are you always in a hurry? Do you have a routine? What areas would you like to improve?
- Veterans Day! Do you know a veteran? Did you do anything special or thank a veteran today?
- How do you spend a cold, rainy day?
- What is your life mission statement? Don’t have one? Write one out.
- Give yourself a break from all your social media devices for an afternoon. What did you do with your time? Are you going to repeat the experience? Why or why not?
- Free write for 10 minutes.
- What is your ideal date night? Did you experience this type of date?
- What is one thing you can do to make a difference in your home, community, or the world?
- Write about a time when you felt brave.
- Write about the view outside of your window.
- Think about the past week. What is one area in your life you did your best? What area do you think needs improvement? Did you have a proud moment? Write about your emotions from the entire week.
- What were you doing today at 2pm? 5pm? Or 9pm?
- Are you engaging in self-care activities? What ones make you feel recharged?
- Are you having a traditional Thanksgiving? What do you plan to do?
- Happy Thanksgiving! How did the day go for you? What was the best moment?
- Did you do any Black Friday shopping? What did you think of the experience?
- Are you doing what you love for a living? What is keeping you from moving on to a more fulfilling career?
- What do you feel is your most powerful trait?
- How do you define success?
- Writer’s Choice
Happy Writing! Enjoy your month!
Are you still writing your daily journal entries? Or are you just starting the journey of journal writing? Keeping a journal is a valuable tool. As a journal writer, you can express your worries, joys, memories, and much more. If you are looking for inspiration, check out the following journal writing prompts for October.
- How did last month go for you, your family, friends, community, work, or school? List your highs and lows for the month.
- What are you hoping to accomplish this month? For the rest of 2022? Make a list.
- Describe your earliest childhood memory?
- What do you consider to be your most important values? Why?
- What is your biggest worry or stress in your life right now? What can you do to alleviate the situation?
- What was one thing that made you smile today? Describe.
- List 3 people who have inspired you. Why did you pick them?
- When you think about your friends, what do you value the most about their friendship? Why?
- What areas could use improvement in your personal life right now? Why?
- Is there something from your past that you cannot forgive? Why? Does the situation impact your life now?
- How do you handle conflict?
- What were you doing today at 3pm? Describe.
- What was your biggest mistake? How did you learn from the situation?
- What does unconditional love mean to you? Do you apply the same concept to yourself? Why or why not?
- Happy Sweetest Day! Write about your love story! How did you meet your significant other? Go into detail.
- If you were to dress up for an evening, what would you wear and where would you go?
- Listen to the news. How do you feel about the events happening around the world?
- What were some of your favorite childhood books? Make a list. Why do you remember these books over others?
- Is Autumn your favorite season? Why or why not?
- Do you have a nickname? How did you get it?
- What is your favorite movie from childhood, teen years, and adulthood? Why?
- When you have a stressful day, what activity makes you feel better? Why?
- Describe your cozy place. Or your safe place.
- Free write for at least 20 minutes.
- Go to a café or restaurant. Write about the people you see.
- How would you describe yourself to a stranger? How would your friends or family members describe you?
- What would you like to change about yourself? Why?
- Look at the window right now. Describe the scene. Use all five senses.
- Are you looking forward to the holiday season? Why or why not?
- Describe one moment from the month that you want to always remember. Why did you pick that moment?
- Happy Halloween! Did you do anything to celebrate this spooky holiday? Write about your day.
September is here! Who is ready for a 3-day weekend for Labor Day, the start of school, football, tailgating, and the first day of Autumn? The cooler days are a wonderful time to snuggle under a blanket, sip hot cocoa, and write in a journal.
- How did August go for you, your family, work, school, and your community? Go into detail about the highs and lows of the month.
- What do you hope to achieve or finish in September? Create a list of at least 5 goals for the month.
- What do you want to finish by the end of 2022? Have you been working on your year-end list? Why or why not?
- Describe 3-day holiday weekends from your childhood. Did you travel? Host a BBQ? Watch a telethon? Donate?
- Happy Labor Day! How did your day go? Did you work? Host a BBQ Write about your day.
- What is your favorite time of day? Why?
- Free write.
- Thinking back, what is the most romantic thing someone has done for you? Why does this memory stand out over the others? Is this person still in your life today?
- How would you describe yourself to others? List 10 positive attributes. Yes, there are at least 10.
- Make a list of your current hobbies. Is there something new you want to try? Or do you want to restart an old one? What is stopping you?
- If there is one job you could do for a day, what would you pick? Why?
- What did you do today that was just for yourself?
- Write a personal review of a book, movie, restaurant, or television show.
- What do you want to try? Do you have a bucket list for the autumn season? Make another dream bucket list.
- Write down 5 good thoughts about your day or week.
- Write about your siblings, cousins, or friends.
- What is your biggest fear or concern right now? What steps can you make to alleviate them?
- Did you like school as a child? Who was your favorite teacher? Subject? After-school activities?
- Write about your best friend from school. Are you still friends today?
- What were you doing today at 2 pm?
- What excites you most about the Autumn season?
- Happy First Day of Autumn! Did you get outdoors? Are the leaves beginning to change in your area? Describe the fall season in your area.
- What was your favorite fall activity as a child? Provide details.
- Write about a person who brings you the most inspiration.
- Write about your feelings about today.
- What one thing made you smile today?
- What is the most memorable activity you did over the summer?
- Are you a day or night person? Why?
- What are you looking forward to in October?
- Writer’s choice.
Have a great month!
Are you keeping up with your journal writing? Keeping a journal is a great way to record memories, dump your emotional baggage, or write out your dreams. If you are searching for inspiration, check out the following journal writing prompts for August.
- How did last month go for you? Your family? Your friends? Your community? List the highs and lows of the month.
- Do you believe in telling the truth even if the information may hurt the other person’s feelings? Why or why not?
- List your top 10 qualities. (Yes, you have 10). Go into detail of each quality.
- What in your daily life feels like a struggle right now? What steps can you take to improve the situation?
- Free write for 20 minutes.
- How do you describe luxury in your personal life? What is your favorite indulgence?
- Do you have siblings? How are you different? (No, siblings? How are different from your friends?)
- Describe your childhood home. What was your favorite part? Why?
- If you could have any fictional animal as a pet, what would you get? Why?
- What situations make you feel self-conscious? How do you react in these types of situations?
- How do you think people describe you?
- How do you describe yourself to other people?
- Describe your happy place.
- What is your favorite time of the day? Why?
- What healthy habits do you need to start? Why?
- What are your plans or goals for the rest of 2022? Are you making progress towards any of them? Why or why not?
- Are your thoughts already turning toward to the upcoming holiday season? What can you do now to prepare for the holidays?
- Write a quote that perfectly describes your life right now.
- Who is your inspiration at this moment? Why?
- If you continue your current path in life, will you be fulfilled at the end? Why or why not?
- When do you feel you are living your life to the fullest? Provide details.
- Do you engage in self-care? What is your favorite activity? Why?
- If you could spend quality time with someone who is no longer on Earth, who would you pick? Why?
- If you had more time to yourself, what would you do? Why?
- How did you spend your day? Provide details.
- What are you 5 most current achievements? (Yes, making it through a long workday is an achievement).
- Who helps you through the rough times in your life?
- What or who made you smile today? Write about the situation.
- What lessons did you learn from this month?
- What moment from this month do you want to remember for the rest of your life? Why?
- Writer’s choice.
Have a great August! Happy writing!
Journal writing is a wonderful way to express emotions, relieve stress, and document daily events. The practice is easy to start. Take 15 or 20 minutes every night to write down your thoughts in a journal. If you are searching for inspiration, check out the following journal writing prompts for July.
- How did June go for you? Your family? Work? School? Community? List highs and lows for last month.
- What does Independence Day mean to you?
- How did you celebrate the 4th of July as a child? Did you have any traditions? Do you still carry on those traditions today? Why or why not?
- Happy Independence Day! How did you spend your holiday?
- What are you excited to do in the upcoming months? Why?
- Free write for at least 15 minutes.
- If you wrote a book, who would be your main character? Describe.
- What made you smile today? Write about that moment.
- Write 10 realistic goals for the remaining months of 2022.
- Write a restaurant review. (Yes, fast food does count. And no, you do not have to post your answer).
- When was the last time you felt adventurous? What were you doing?
- Who is the biggest inspiration in your life right now? Why?
- What are the top 3 things hold you back from living your dream life? What steps can you do to reach your goal?
- What do you do just for yourself? Self-care is essential.
- Write about your favorite summer vacation.
- Describe the view through your window right now?
- What qualities do you admire in others? Why?
- What is weighing heavily on your mind this week? Why?
- Write 10 words to describe yourself. Why did you pick these words?
- Make a “worry list”. Put your fear on paper to recognize them.
- Create travel bucket lists. Make one a local list, state list, and country list.
- Write a letter to someone who has helped you in the past.
- Write a letter to yourself to forgive past mistakes. Encourage future ventures.
- What changes scare you the most?
- Write about your day including mood, activities, feelings, etc.
- What do you need right now to give yourself peace? Why?
- In your opinion what is the name of the best restaurant, café, pizza place, or eatery in your town? Why?
- Finish the thought. “On bad days, I take a deep breath and remember__________.” Write at least one paragraph.
- What is your favorite song? Why?
- How have grown in the past month? Year? Five Years? Why?
- Writer’s Choice
Happy Writing! Have a great month!