Valentine’s Day is during the week this year. A night out on the town may not be feasible with your work or school schedule. Spending an evening in does not have to be boring. Order your favorite take-out or cook a homemade meal. Then, find a movie to watch together. Watching a romantic movie is a great way to celebrate Valentine’s Day. If you are searching for inspiration, consider the following romantic movies to watch on Valentine’s Day.
(Please note: As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn income from qualifying purchases).
- “The Wedding Singer” (1998)
- “Valentine’s Day” (2010)
- “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” (2002)
- “Roman Holiday” (1953)
- “The Half of It” (2020) (Netflix)
- “The Notebook” (2004)
- “Music and Lyrics” (2007)
- “Moonstruck” (1987)
- “Love and Basketball” (2000)
- “10 Things I hate About You” (1999)
- “Enchanted” (2007)
- “Dirty Dancing” (1987)
- “50 First Dates” (2004)
- “Walk the Line” (2005)
- “Sleepless in Seattle” (1993)
- “Pride and Prejudice” (2005)
- “Notting Hill” (1999)
- “Always Be My Maybe” (2019) (Netflix)
- “If Beale Street Could Talk” (2018)
- “Pretty Woman” (1990)
- “When Harry Met Sally” (1989)
- “Lady and the Tramp” (1955) (This is a great Disney movie to watch if you are celebrating Valentine’s Day with your family).
- “Beauty and the Beast” (1991) (Another one for family night
- “An Affair to Remember” (1957)
- “Say Anything” (1989)
- “P.S. I Love You” (2007)
- “Ever After: A Cinderella Story” (1998)
Of course, you could always binge-watch your favorite series including Star Wars, Harry Potter, or Lord of the Rings. Happy Valentine’s Day! Enjoy!
The fall season brings cooler temperatures. A chilly evening is a perfect time to cuddle under your favorite fuzzy blanket, sip hot cocoa, and watch a romantic movie. Not every romantic movie ends with happily ever after but watching the journey of love is a wonderful way to spend a night at home.
Romantic Movie to Watch this Fall
- Sweet Home Alabama (2002)
- Love Story (1970)
- Always Be My Maybe (2019)
- When Harry Met Sally (1989)
- Runaway Bride (1999)
- Roman Holiday (1953)
- A Walk to Remember (2002)
- The Lake House (2006)
- Casablanca (1942)
- Save the Last Dance (2001)
- If Beale Street Could Talk (2018)
- The Notebook (2004)
- 10 Things I Hate About You (1999)
- A Star Is Born (2018)
- You’ve Got Mail (1998)
- P.S. I Love You (2007)
- Autumn in New York (2000)
- Maid in Manhattan (2002)
- Silver Linings Playbook (2012)
- Crazy Rich Asians (2018)
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before (2018)
- Love and Basketball (2000)
- Titanic (1997)
- Sylvie’s Love (2020)
- Love Actually (2003)
What is your favorite romantic movie to watch during the fall season?
As an Amazon Affiliate, “I earn income on qualifying purchases.”
Did you know today, October 19th is Sweetest Day? Did you plan ahead? Are you scrambling to find the perfect date within your budget? Celebrating Sweetest Day does not require a lot of money. In fact, with a little creativity and planning, many activities can be free or cost very little.
Low-Cost Ideas for Sweetest Day
- Picnic: Pack a lunch and head out to your local park for a picnic. If the weather is too cold, have a picnic inside. When eating indoors, you can also have candles and music to set the mood.
- Go for a Walk: Autumn brings bright colored leaves, harvest, pumpkins, and more. Get outdoors, go for a walk to view the changing colors. Head out to the nearest pumpkin patch or apple orchard. Enjoy the day together. Hold hands. Drink warm cider. Buy a pumpkin for Halloween.
- Go Hiking: Hit your favorite trail. Do not forget to bring your dog along. Hiking is a great way to spend time together. Being outdoors is beneficial to your physical and mental health. Your dog will be happy to be part of the celebration.
- Be a Local Tourist: Check out your local tourists’ sites. When was the last time you went to the hometown art gallery, museum, historical landmark, brewery tour, apple orchard, cider mill, or other tourist destination? Spend time exploring your town.
- Make a Card: Remember getting a note with the words, do you like me? Check yes or no. Get creative. Make a Sweetest Day card. Write a poem or include a special memory.
- Make a PlayList: Put all of the songs that are special to your relationship on a playlist.
- Make a YouTube Video: Okay, it’s not what you think. Video the place you first met, your first kiss, your wedding location, or other memorable locales. Take the video pieces and create a documentary about the two of you.
- Make a Meal Together: Cook together to make the perfect meal or dessert.
- Movie Night: Cuddle on the couch, make popcorn, and binge-watch your favorite movie series.
- Unplug for the Day: Turn your phone to vibrate, step away from your computer, and just spend the day together.
Did you know today, September 26th is Love Note Day? The fun, unofficial holiday is about leaving a note for your loved one to find. The only condition of Love Note, the note must be handwritten. The day is about putting pen to paper.
What to Write?
A love note can be a simple, “I love you.” Or you can write a long letter to explain why your significant other makes you happy. The choice is entirely up to you.
When creating your love note, get creative.
- Use markers.
- Add a poem or write one of your own.
- Draw a picture.
- Use calligraphy.
- Use colorful paper.
- Cut out a design, a heart is always a good choice for a love note.
Write More Than One
Have fun with the love notes. Write more than one. Hide them all over the house. Do you need some hiding place ideas? Try any of the following.
- Tape a note to the coffee maker.
- Tape a note to the cupboard door.
- Hang one on the bathroom mirror.
- Hang on the car steering wheel.
- Slide one in the lunch bag.
- Slip one into the briefcase.
The possibilities of hiding places are endless. Make a game out of finding them. Include the love notes as part of a romantic evening. Simply let your significant other know how much you care.