Did you know today, October 19th is Sweetest Day? Did you plan ahead? Are you scrambling to find the perfect date within your budget? Celebrating Sweetest Day does not require a lot of money. In fact, with a little creativity and planning, many activities can be free or cost very little.
Low-Cost Ideas for Sweetest Day
- Picnic: Pack a lunch and head out to your local park for a picnic. If the weather is too cold, have a picnic inside. When eating indoors, you can also have candles and music to set the mood.
- Go for a Walk: Autumn brings bright colored leaves, harvest, pumpkins, and more. Get outdoors, go for a walk to view the changing colors. Head out to the nearest pumpkin patch or apple orchard. Enjoy the day together. Hold hands. Drink warm cider. Buy a pumpkin for Halloween.
- Go Hiking: Hit your favorite trail. Do not forget to bring your dog along. Hiking is a great way to spend time together. Being outdoors is beneficial to your physical and mental health. Your dog will be happy to be part of the celebration.
- Be a Local Tourist: Check out your local tourists’ sites. When was the last time you went to the hometown art gallery, museum, historical landmark, brewery tour, apple orchard, cider mill, or other tourist destination? Spend time exploring your town.
- Make a Card: Remember getting a note with the words, do you like me? Check yes or no. Get creative. Make a Sweetest Day card. Write a poem or include a special memory.
- Make a PlayList: Put all of the songs that are special to your relationship on a playlist.
- Make a YouTube Video: Okay, it’s not what you think. Video the place you first met, your first kiss, your wedding location, or other memorable locales. Take the video pieces and create a documentary about the two of you.
- Make a Meal Together: Cook together to make the perfect meal or dessert.
- Movie Night: Cuddle on the couch, make popcorn, and binge-watch your favorite movie series.
- Unplug for the Day: Turn your phone to vibrate, step away from your computer, and just spend the day together.