Tomorrow, November 11th is Veterans Day. Are you and your family looking for ways to express your gratitude for the people in uniform? Check out the list below, hopefully, one of the ideas inspires you to thank a veteran.
- Display the United States Flag: Fly the U.S. flag outside your home to show support on Veterans Day.
- Go Out to Lunch: Do you personally know a veteran? Offer to take him or her out to lunch. If you know a casual acquaintance who is a vet, but do not feel comfortable going out to lunch, buy a gift certificate to a local restaurant. Not only do you thank a veteran for service, but you also support a local business.
- Write a Thank You Note: Send thank you notes to the veterans in your life.
- Attend a Community Event: Many communities host parades or other activities to thank local veterans.
- Post on Social Media: If you do not know any veterans, post a thank you note to your social media pages.
- Send a Care Package: Do you know someone who is currently serving in the military? Send a care package with hometown favorites. If you do not know any sign up to send care packages to a military member who may not receive anything from home.
- Volunteer: Numerous non-profit organizations focus on helping homeless veterans. Sign up to volunteer at a local event.
- Donate: Send a monetary donation to a local VFW or other reputable organization. Since the holidays are just around the corner, many organizations are collecting to help military personnel and their families.
- Say a Prayer: At the next church service, simply say a prayer for all service members.
Happy Veterans Day!