This Thursday, November 11, 2021, is a federal holiday, Veterans Day to recognize those who have served their country. Many communities host events or parades to honor the brave men and women in uniform. The holiday recognizes all who have served, past, present, and future.
Quotes for Veterans Day
Posting to social media is one of the easiest ways to thank a veteran. If you need a quote for Veterans Day, check out the following for inspiration.
- “America’s veterans embody the ideals upon which America was founded more than 229 years ago.” -Steve Buyer
- “Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be.” – Douglas MacArthur
- “Honor to the soldier and sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his country’s cause. Honor, also, to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field and serves, as he best can, the same cause.” -Abraham Lincoln
- “The veterans of our military services have put their lives on the line to protect the freedoms that we enjoy. They have dedicated their lives to their country and deserve to be recognized for their commitment.” – Judd Gregg
- “Without heroes, we are all plain people, and don’t know how far we can go.” – Bernard Malamud
- “Our debt to the heroic men and valiant women in the service of our country can never be repaid. They have earned our undying gratitude.” – Harry S. Truman
- “In order to insure proper and widespread observance of this anniversary, all veterans, all veterans’ organizations, and the entire citizenry will wish to join hands in the common purpose.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.” -Jeff Miller
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” — John F. Kennedy
- “On this Veterans Day, let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our national promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much so that we can live free.” — Dan Lipinski
- “Never was so much owed by so many to so few.” – Winston Churchill
- “Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.” – Ronald Reagan
- “Heroism doesn’t always happen in a burst of glory. Sometimes small triumphs and large hearts change the course of history.” — Mary Roach
- “America without her soldiers would be like God without his angels.” — Claudia Pemberton
- “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.” — Cynthia Ozick
- “I respect every soldier, from every country, who serves beside us in the hard work of history. America is grateful, and America will not forget.” — George W. Bush
- “Spending time with America’s soldiers is always inspiring.” — John Boehner
- “These fallen heroes represent the character of a nation who has a long history of patriotism and honor – and a nation who has fought many battles to keep our country free from threats of terror.” — Michael N. Castle
- “But this Veterans Day, I believe we should do more than sing the praises of the bravery and patriotism that our veterans have embodied in the past. We should take this opportunity to re-evaluate how we are treating our veterans in the present.” — Nick Lampson
- “We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf.” — George Orwell
For all those who have served, Happy Veterans Day! God Bless!