Did you know February 20th is National Cherry Pie Day? How do you celebrate? Eat some cherry pie, of course.
- Family Night: Cherry pie for dessert is a great way to celebrate your weekly family night.
- Guilty Pleasure: Eat a delicious piece of cherry pie while binge-watching your favorite new series.
- Homemade Cherry Pie: Pull out your favorite recipe and bake a homemade cherry pie.
- Local Bakery: If you are not a baker, stop at your local bakery and buy a cherry pie. Not only will you get a tasty cherry pie to share with your family (if you want), you are supporting a local business.
- Give One Away: Whether you bake or buy, consider dropping a second cherry pie off to your neighbor, friend, or family member.
Why celebrate National Cherry Pie Day? Why not? The weather, social distancing, and simple daily routines have a way of making life dull. Celebrate silly holidays with your family, significant other, roommates, or your cat.
Is the hustle and bustle of the holiday season keeping you busy? Do you need a quick and easy snack for a holiday gathering or family movie night? Chocolate covered pretzel treats are a fun way to celebrate Christmas. The pretzel treats are an easy make-ahead snack.
- Dipping chocolate (For added Christmas fun, purchase red or green colored dipping cholate)
- Pretzels of any style will work.
- Christmas sprinkles, marshmallows, nuts, chocolate chips, shredded coconut
- Melt dipping chocolate as directed. You can melt the chocolate in the microwave or use a double boiler pan.
- Melt chocolate to desired consistency. Smooth, well-heated chocolate is easy to apply to pretzels.
- Dip pretzels in chocolate.
- Add sprinkles. For extra fun, allow your children to help decorate with the sprinkles. Creating their own snacks is a great way to get everyone involved.
- Allow the chocolate to harden.
- You can store the pretzels in a plastic bag or airtight container.
Mother’s Day 2020 comes with unique circumstances. Social distancing, self-isolation guidelines, and mandatory closures prevent many annual Mother’s Day celebrations. With a little creativity, celebrating Mother’s Day at home can be fun and memorable.
Even if you are at home, you can make Mother’s Day special. Do you need a little inspiration? Check out the following ideas below:
Get Crafty With Your Kids
Go old school and make something homemade. If you have younger children, get them to help. Make a Mother’s Day gift together. Using your imagination, you can come up with all sorts of handmade arts and crafts.
- Homemade Greeting Card: Ask younger children, “Why is mom great ____?” Then write the answer down inside the card. The simple approach to Mother’s Day can be a memorable moment for years to come.
- Collage: Children love to be creative. Making a collage out of everyday materials is a great way to make a small gift for mom. Materials could include magazine photos, buttons, glitter (if you are brave), cloth, cotton balls, etc.
- Drawing: A child’s picture speaks more than words. Encourage your children to make a drawing for mom.
- Painting: Paint a picture on a poster board or canvas.
- Button Art: Use old buttons to create a picture. You can glue the buttons in a creative design to construction paper, poster board, or canvas.
- Homemade Wreaths: This is a perfect craft project for older children and teens. Make a quick (and safe) visit to your local dollar store. Pick up wreaths, flowers, and other little items to make a homemade wreath for Mother’s Day.
- Decorate: Make homemade decorations to hang around the house.
Mother’s Day Meal
Eating together is one of the best ways to celebrate Mother’s Day at home.
- Family Time: Cook a Mother’s Day meal together.
- BBQ: Depending on where you live, consider a family BBQ on Mother’s Day.
- Dessert: Do not forget the dessert, which can be the best part of the meal. Make cookies or a cake.
- Take Out: Order food online for home delivery or pickup. Just remember to follow all safety guidelines.
- Picnic: Outdoor or on the living room floor, a picnic is always a fun idea.
Turn Mother’s Day into a movie night by allowing her to pick the film. Eat snacks and enjoy the movie together.
Practicing social distancing spend time outdoors for Mother’s Day. Go for a walk or hike. Being together is an essential part of any celebration. Do not forget to take your favorite four-legged companion with you.
Give Her the Gift of Time
As cheesy as it may sound, some alone time may be the perfect Mother’s Day gift. Give her the extra time to read a book or indulge in a long bubble bath.
Order Flowers for Delivery
Go online and order a bouquet of flowers. Beautiful tulips, roses, daisies, and carnations are always a welcome gift for Mother’s Day.
Regardless of how you decide to spend the day, make Mother’s Day special.