Easter is a good time to make extra entries in your journal. Writing in a daily journal about Easter is a great way to reflect, express emotions, and enjoy the holiday. If you are looking for inspiration, check out the following journal writing prompts for Easter.
- What does Easter mean to you? Go into detail.
- How do you spend the Easter weekend?
- Do you participate in Good Friday events? Why?
- Do you celebrate Easter with your family? Why or why not?
- Do you attend Easter services? Describe the service. What did you like or dislike about the service?
- Do you have a favorite song to sing at Easter time? Why is this song important to you?
- Do you actively participate in Easter services at your church? What do you do?
- Did you give up anything for Lent? Why was it important for you to participate in the Lenten season?
- What is your first memory of Easter at church?
- What was your favorite Easter tradition as a child?
- Do you still carry on your childhood Easter tradition today? Why or why not?
- Did you or are you going to color Easter eggs this year? Describe the process. Who helped you? What colors did you use?
- Did you hide Easter eggs this year? Describe the event.
- What would you like to find inside an Easter egg? Why?
- Do you have a favorite Easter egg? Describe the color, the pattern, and other important attributes.
- What was one of favorite things in your Easter basket as a child? Why?
- Describe your favorite Easter.
- Are you cooking a traditional Easter meal? What will you serve?
- Describe an Easter meal from your childhood? Are you serving the same type of meal? Why or why not?
- What has the significance of Easter changed for you over the years?
Easter is almost here! The holiday is full of long-standing traditions, good food, and fun. If you are looking for inspiration, check out the following photo prompts for Easter.
- Easter-themed selfie
- Easter Decor
- Colorful eggs
- Hidden eggs
- Egg discovery
- Chocolate bunny
- Easter candy
- Baby animals
- Easter sunrise
- Easter sunset
- Church signs
- Bonnet or hat
- Easter attire
- Photographer’s choice
Happy Easter! Enjoy!
Easter is a wonderful time of year. Counting your blessings as you share the holiday with others is an important part of the holiday. Are you looking for inspirational sayings or quotes for your social media platforms this Easter? Consider the following quotes for Easter.
- “There would be no Christmas if there was no Easter.”- Gordon B. Hinckley
- “Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won’t stay there.” – Clarence W. Hall
- “We were old sinners—but when we came to Christ, we are not sinners anymore.” – Joel Osteen
- “Egg hunts are proof that your children can find things when they really want to.”- Unknown
- “To a Christian, Easter Sunday means everything, when we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.” — Bernhard Langer
- “The story of Easter is the story of God’s wonderful window of divine surprise.” — Carl Knudsen
- “Christ the Lord is risen today, sons of men and angels say. Raise your joys and triumphs high; sing, ye heavens and earth reply.” – Charles Wesley
- “Blessed are those who have not seen and have yet believed.” – John 20:29
- “I am the resurrection and the life.”- John 11:25
- “The very first Easter taught us this: that life never ends, and love never dies.” – Kate McGahan
- “I really do believe that God is love, one of deep affection and grace and forgiveness and inspiration.” – William P. Young
- “The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances.” – Robert Flatt
- “Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song.” – Pope John Paul II
- “Easter is the only time when it’s perfectly safe to put all your eggs in one basket.”- Evan Esar
- “Easter is meant to be a symbol of hope, renewal, and new life.” – Janine di Giovanni
- “For I remember it is Easter morn, and life and love and peace are all new born.” – Alice Freeman Palmer
- “Here is the amazing thing about Easter; the Resurrection Sunday for Christians is this, that Christ in the dying moments on the cross gives us the greatest illustration of forgiveness possible.” — T. D. Jakes
- “Easter is very important to me, it’s a second chance.” — Reba McEntire
- “On Easter Day the veil between time and eternity thins to gossamer.” — Douglas Horton
- “Bunnies are cuddly, the large and the small, but I like the chocolate ones best of all.”- Unknown
- “‘Twas Easter-Sunday. The full-blossomed trees filled all the air with fragrance and with joy.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt!” – Charles M. Schulz
- “Earth’s saddest day and gladdest day were just three days apart!” — Susan Coolidge
- The resurrection is at the core of our beliefs as Christians. Without it, our faith is meaningless.” — Joseph B. Wirthlin
- “Every Easter, at one household or another, I find a battle begins and the conversation of how to ‘properly eat’ a chocolate bunny.” — Hilary Farr
- “Easter is a time to rejoice, be thankful, be assured that all is forgiven, so life extends beyond the soil of the earth.” — Byron Pulsifer
- “Easter spells out beauty, the rare beauty of new life.” — S.D. Gordon
- “The great gift of Easter is hope.” — Basil C. Hume
- “I still believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and true love. Don’t even try to tell me different.” — Dolly Parton
- “It’s not about the bunny; it’s about the lamb.” – Unknown
Happy April! Are you ready for more writing? Whether you are an avid journal writer or just beginning, check out the following journal writing prompts for April.
- How did March go for you? Your family? Work? Community? List all your highs and lows from last month.
- List your April goals.
- Who is the one person in your life who can always make you laugh? Describe this person.
- What is your secret guilty pleasure?
- Write about your favorite childhood memory. Why does this one stick out over the rest?
- List your personal strengths. How do you use them in your daily life?
- What book or movie impacted you the most? Why?
- Write 10 words to describe yourself. Why did you pick these words? Go into detail.
- What is causing you stress or anxiety right now? Why? And, what can you do to alleviate the situation?
- Free write for 15 minutes.
- What is your biggest fear?
- Write about your entire day from the point of view of a fly on the wall.
- What do you do for yourself? List at least 5 self-care habits.
- Who is the one person you trust the most? Why?
- What do you hope for yourself, your family, your friends, and your community for the rest of 2022?
- What 3 things would you tell your younger self? Why?
- Happy Easter! How did you spend your day?
- Fast forward to your 95th birthday. What have you accomplished?
- Make an action plan to be the person you want to be.
- How do you feel about the current news events? What ones worry you the most? What brings you hope?
- Do you feel like the victim or hero of your own story? Why?
- It’s Earth Day! What are you doing to help the environment? What areas could you improve?
- What kinds of nature or wildlife do you like to watch? Why?
- When you look in the mirror, who do you see? Why?
- What 5 things did you have to learn the hard way?
- Describe a current accomplishment.
- What areas of your life could use more organization? Why?
- Write about your last vivid dream.
- If you were given 3 wishes, what would you pick? Why?
- Writer’s Choice
Happy April! Happy Writing!
It’s time for new drawing prompts for April. Whether you take your sketchbook outdoors for inspiration or stay indoors on a rainy day, drawing is a great pastime. If you are searching for inspiration, check out the following drawing prompts for April.
Please note: “As an Amazon affiliate, I earn income from qualifying purchases.”
- April Showers
- Nature scene
- Baby animals
- Warm colors
- Vertical lines
- Horizontal lines
- Happy Easter! Enjoy!
- Artist’s Choice
Warmer weather and Easter are part of April. Are you ready to grab your camera and make memories? If you need inspiration, check out the following photo prompts for April.
- New month, new selfie
- April showers (Rain)
- Outdoor activity
- Out of focus
- Low Light
- Back roads
- Your current view
- Happy Easter! Enjoy!
- Favorite Place
- Photographer’s Choice
Have a great month!