Today, May 4th is Star Wars Day. Celebrating George Lucas’ Star Wars, May 4th is known as May the Fourth Be with You. For diehard fans, the catch slogan is a clever play on words to the catchphrase “May the Force Be With You.” A general wish of good luck or goodwill as a person leaves to go on a mission.
Please note: “As an Amazon affiliate, I earn income from qualifying purchases.”
Beginning in May 1977, Star Wars enticed theater and drive-in movie goers around the globe. Through the years, other installments were released only to further the storyline. Today, fans enjoy movies, animated series, and an ongoing series, The Mandalorian. Later this month, a new weekly series, Obi-Wan Kenobi will debut. The latest installments add to the excitement of being part of the Star Wars fandom.
- Binge-Watch: From the first Star Wars, the prequels, and the sequels, there is plenty to binge to celebrate May the Fourth Be With You. Not to mention, the series on Disney+, The Mandalorian, centering on The Child, the show provides hours of entertainment.
- Read: The Star Wars Universe has numerous books and comics. Grab a favorite or buy a new book.
- Audio Books: If you are cleaning or doing yard work, try listening to Star Wars. The different stories are brought to life in an entertaining way.
- Play Games: Do you have a Star Wars-themed video game or board game? Today is the perfect day to play. Gather your family together for game night, make snacks, and enjoy the day.
- Cosplay Photo Shoot: Using a sheet or blanket as a backdrop, set up your own photo session. Wear your Star Wars apparel, act out scenes, and have fun.
- Make Crafts: Star Wars is full of unique characters and creatures. Use the different species as inspiration for crafts. For example, make homemade modeling clay (the recipe is on Pinterest). Use the clay to make a Star Wars-themed creature of your own.
- Cook a Meal or Dessert: Ever tried galactic meatballs or out-of-this-world spaghetti? Adding a space name to any food is an excellent way for children to enjoy the day without a lot of added fuss. Use your imagination to prepare an entire meal or snack with different names.
- Listen to Soundtracks: The Imperial March by John Williams is a recognizable tune for all Star Wars fans. Turn up the music and enjoy.
- Lego: Grab a new Star Wars-themed Lego set to put together. Legos are a great family project. You can put the Lego set together while watching the movies.
Happy Star Wars Day! And as always, May the Force Be With You!