September is here! Who is ready for a 3-day weekend for Labor Day, the start of school, football, tailgating, and the first day of Autumn? The cooler days are a wonderful time to snuggle under a blanket, sip hot cocoa, and write in a journal.
- How did August go for you, your family, work, school, and your community? Go into detail about the highs and lows of the month.
- What do you hope to achieve or finish in September? Create a list of at least 5 goals for the month.
- What do you want to finish by the end of 2022? Have you been working on your year-end list? Why or why not?
- Describe 3-day holiday weekends from your childhood. Did you travel? Host a BBQ? Watch a telethon? Donate?
- Happy Labor Day! How did your day go? Did you work? Host a BBQ Write about your day.
- What is your favorite time of day? Why?
- Free write.
- Thinking back, what is the most romantic thing someone has done for you? Why does this memory stand out over the others? Is this person still in your life today?
- How would you describe yourself to others? List 10 positive attributes. Yes, there are at least 10.
- Make a list of your current hobbies. Is there something new you want to try? Or do you want to restart an old one? What is stopping you?
- If there is one job you could do for a day, what would you pick? Why?
- What did you do today that was just for yourself?
- Write a personal review of a book, movie, restaurant, or television show.
- What do you want to try? Do you have a bucket list for the autumn season? Make another dream bucket list.
- Write down 5 good thoughts about your day or week.
- Write about your siblings, cousins, or friends.
- What is your biggest fear or concern right now? What steps can you make to alleviate them?
- Did you like school as a child? Who was your favorite teacher? Subject? After-school activities?
- Write about your best friend from school. Are you still friends today?
- What were you doing today at 2 pm?
- What excites you most about the Autumn season?
- Happy First Day of Autumn! Did you get outdoors? Are the leaves beginning to change in your area? Describe the fall season in your area.
- What was your favorite fall activity as a child? Provide details.
- Write about a person who brings you the most inspiration.
- Write about your feelings about today.
- What one thing made you smile today?
- What is the most memorable activity you did over the summer?
- Are you a day or night person? Why?
- What are you looking forward to in October?
- Writer’s choice.
Have a great month!
One thought on “Journal Writing Prompts for September 2022”
Reblogged this on All About Writing and more.