The 3-day holiday weekend is here. Millions of people travel during Labor Day weekend. Are you heading out or did you decide to stay home? Don’t worry; you are not alone. Many people decide to spend the long weekend at home. Even if you are staying close to home, there are still plenty of things. The best part, many of these staycation ideas are free or have minimal costs to enjoy.
If you are looking for inspiration for staying home on Labor Day weekend, check out the following ideas.
- Explore Hiking Trails: Get outdoors and enjoy nature. Find a new trail to hike. Hiking is a great activity for the entire family. Grab your camera to take lots of pictures. Make a day of hiking, pack a lunch, and bring lots of water.
- Go to the Beach: Pack a picnic and spend an entire day at the beach.
- Go to a Local Winery: Many wineries allow free taste testing. Gather your friends, enjoy the sights, and sample different wines.
- Host a BBQ: Invite your friends, family, or neighbors over for a holiday BBQ.
- Classic Game Night: Dust off your favorite Monopoly or other board game for a fun night of friendly competition. Don’t forget the snacks.
- Picnic in the Park: Pack your favorite goodies and head to a local park for an afternoon.
- Host a Bonfire Night: Beautiful weather calls for a bonfire night. A chance to sit around a warm fire with family and friends is always a good idea. Don’t forget the S’mores.
- Go Stargazing: Pack a blanket, snacks, and your favorite beverage to spend an evening outdoors. Looking at the stars is a great way to spend an evening.
- Host a Themed Movie Night: Host a family night or invite friends over. Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, or Marvel movies are just a few of the many superb movies to watch over the 3-day weekend. Add to the fun by ordering pizza, making popcorn, or ice cream sundaes.
- Do Crafts for the Holidays: It’s never too early to start holiday crafts. Many stores already have Autumn, Halloween, and Christmas crafting items out. Make a trip to your favorite spot to find everything you need for a crafting day.
- Spend Time Reading: How long has that book been setting on the shelf? Labor Day weekend is a great time to snuggle under a cozy blanket and read. If you do not have a new book, reread a favorite.
- Go to a Local Sporting Event: Many sporting events are starting over the holiday weekend. Go to a local college football game or watch the game on television with friends and family. Do not forget to tailgate. Delicious food is a major part of any sporting event.
- Attend Community Events: Parades, concerts, and other events are generally part of the Labor Day weekend. Many local events or festivals are free which is great for your bank account.
- Volunteer: MDA and other organizations use the 3-day to collect funds. Volunteer to help locally. Networking with new people has benefits beyond the weekend.
- Make a Homemade Meal: Try a new recipe. Make an entire meal from your recent purchases at your local farmer’s market. Bake a dessert. Make a meal as a family.
- Go on a Day Trip: Travel closer to home. Visit sites in the next town over from yours. Or go on a long car ride to see the scenery.
- Ride Bike: Get outdoors and enjoy the sunshine. Before cold weather sets in, go for a long bike ride.
- Go Somewhere New: Is there a new cafe, restaurant, or other local business in town? Go check out the establishment. Who knows you may find a new favorite spot. Remember to be patient during the holiday weekend. Many establishments are short staff.
- Be a Hometown Tourist: When is the last time you visited your hometown tourist sites? Go to your local park or historical site. Take pictures. Act like a tourist from another area. Have fun.
- Declutter and Organize: The holiday season is slowly approaching, spend time organizing your living space. Set up a homework area for your kids. Or reorganize your home office. You can always tackle a major task and clean out the garage.
- Feel Free to Do Nothing: There’s no harm in doing absolutely nothing over the Labor Day weekend. Stay in your pajamas for a day, get extra sleep, and just relax.
Have fun! Enjoy time with family and friends. Remember to be safe over the Labor Day weekend!
September is here! Who is ready for a 3-day weekend for Labor Day, the start of school, football, tailgating, and the first day of Autumn? The cooler days are a wonderful time to snuggle under a blanket, sip hot cocoa, and write in a journal.
- How did August go for you, your family, work, school, and your community? Go into detail about the highs and lows of the month.
- What do you hope to achieve or finish in September? Create a list of at least 5 goals for the month.
- What do you want to finish by the end of 2022? Have you been working on your year-end list? Why or why not?
- Describe 3-day holiday weekends from your childhood. Did you travel? Host a BBQ? Watch a telethon? Donate?
- Happy Labor Day! How did your day go? Did you work? Host a BBQ Write about your day.
- What is your favorite time of day? Why?
- Free write.
- Thinking back, what is the most romantic thing someone has done for you? Why does this memory stand out over the others? Is this person still in your life today?
- How would you describe yourself to others? List 10 positive attributes. Yes, there are at least 10.
- Make a list of your current hobbies. Is there something new you want to try? Or do you want to restart an old one? What is stopping you?
- If there is one job you could do for a day, what would you pick? Why?
- What did you do today that was just for yourself?
- Write a personal review of a book, movie, restaurant, or television show.
- What do you want to try? Do you have a bucket list for the autumn season? Make another dream bucket list.
- Write down 5 good thoughts about your day or week.
- Write about your siblings, cousins, or friends.
- What is your biggest fear or concern right now? What steps can you make to alleviate them?
- Did you like school as a child? Who was your favorite teacher? Subject? After-school activities?
- Write about your best friend from school. Are you still friends today?
- What were you doing today at 2 pm?
- What excites you most about the Autumn season?
- Happy First Day of Autumn! Did you get outdoors? Are the leaves beginning to change in your area? Describe the fall season in your area.
- What was your favorite fall activity as a child? Provide details.
- Write about a person who brings you the most inspiration.
- Write about your feelings about today.
- What one thing made you smile today?
- What is the most memorable activity you did over the summer?
- Are you a day or night person? Why?
- What are you looking forward to in October?
- Writer’s choice.
Have a great month!
Welcome to September! The days are growing shorter. The nights are bringing cooler temperatures. The chill in the air ushers in the beautiful autumn season. The changes are a perfect time to make a commitment to yourself for better self-care. If you need inspiration, check out the following ideas for self-care in September.
- Write daily affirmations in a journal.
- Make a cup of herbal tea, and sip slowly, while watching the sunset or sunrise.
- Try a new hiking trail. Or start hiking on a beginner’s trail. The fall season is a wonderful time to get outdoors.
- Read a book outside of your normal genre.
- Happy Labor Day! Enjoy your extra day off. If you’re working, come home and enjoy a long warm shower or bubble bath.
- Spend a day or afternoon doing nothing, just relax.
- Write out your goals for the day, week, month, and the rest of 2022.
- Binge-watch a new series.
- Go for a nature walk. Don’t forget your camera.
- Do crafts. (Autumn and Halloween items are already available.)
- Get extra sleep. Take a nap, go to bed early, or sleep in.
- Treat yourself to in-home spay day. Apply a face mask, paint your nails, soak your feet, etc.
- Go on a virtual tour.
- Spend time meditating or praying.
- Drink lots of water.
- Call an old friend to chat.
- Make your favorite recipe or try a new one. Your local farmer’s market is full of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Splurge and order takeout from your favorite restaurant.
- Watch YouTube videos. Check out gender reveals, marriage proposals, surprise military homecoming, or pets.
- Eat breakfast every day.
- Turn up the music. Sing along to your favorite tunes or dance.
- The 1st Day of Fall! Enjoy the day!
- Declutter a room or closet. Or simply clean off the top of your desk.
- Find a new food to try, a different type of fruit or candy bar.
- Buy yourself flowers.
- Make yourself a warm beverage on a cool night.
- Unplug from your devices. Go on a social media detox for a day.
- Print out your summer photos and make a scrapbook.
- Volunteer. Helping others is great motivation.
- Practice yoga or other light stretching exercises. (YouTube has numerous beginner videos).
Have fun, relax, take care of yourself, and enjoy September!
September is finally here! The month ushers in cooler weather and rainy days. When you cannot get outdoors, embrace your creative side. Drawing is a great creative outlet. If you are looking for inspiration, check out the following drawing prompts for September.
- Friday Vibes!
- Weekend fun!
- Happy Labor Day! Draw an American worker!
- Sunset at Beach
- Moon & Galaxy
- Spaceship, Rocket, or UFO
- Favorite Destination
- Your Name
- Happy 1st Day of Fall! Draw an Autumn scene.
- Trees & Leaves
- Pumpkin Patch
- Fall Harvest
- Fantasy Creature
- Artist’s Choice
Are you ready for the upcoming Labor Day weekend? Do you plan to make social media posts for all your activities? Hashtags are a great way to attract new followers to your posts. If you need inspiration, check out the following hashtags for Labor Day.
- #LaborDay (Simple but effective)
Have a fantastic Labor Day weekend!