Are you looking to start a new Christmas tradition? How about making handmade Christmas wrapping paper for all of your gifts? Doing Christmas crafts as a family activity is a great way to celebrate the holiday season. Best of all, making homemade gift wrap is an easy project for all ages.
- Sponges of any size and shape
- Butcher paper, newsprint, or other types of packing paper (You can purchase rolls of brown shipping paper at your local dollar store).
- Containers for paint
- Cut sponges into various shapes, for example, Christmas trees, gift boxes, stars, candy canes, and ornaments. (Help younger children cut the sponges into shapes.)
- Spread your choice of paper on a flat surface.
- Squirt small amounts of paint in your container.
- Dip your cut sponge into the paint.
- Make certain the paint covers the entire sponge for a clear shape.
- Press sponge on to the paper. When you are finished, simply rinse the sponges of the entire paint residue. You can use the sponges more than once.
- Continue the process until you reach your desired design.
- Allow the paint shapes to dry.
- Use markers to add outlines, Christmas songs, Bible verses, names, or other designs to your gift wrap.
- Now, wrap your Christmas gifts and enjoy it.
Homemade gift wrap is an excellent way to provide a personalized touch to your presents. Use your imagination to create numerous sheets of wrapping paper. Set the mood for family fun by playing Christmas music, drinking hot chocolate, and eating snacks.