Are you celebrating your baby’s first Christmas this year? Due to the pandemic, numerous Christmas events are canceled, including visits with Santa Claus. But staying close to home doesn’t mean your precious little one’s first Christmas will be unmemorable.
Have fun! Enjoy! Your baby’s first Christmas is the perfect time to start new traditions or revisit old ones. Celebrate every moment. Check out the following list of ways to celebrate your baby’s first Christmas at home.
Write a Yearly Christmas Letter
Write a letter to your baby. Detail all your activities and feelings surrounding your baby’s first Christmas. Next, you can place the letter in an envelope to store in a shoebox or use a journal to make your entry.
Each year, add a letter or entry. When your child becomes an adult, give the letters or journal as part of Christmas gifts. The memories instantly turn into a lasting treasure.
Are you wondering what to write? Consider adding some of these details to your baby’s first Christmas letter.
- Your baby’s age
- Date of the letter
- Favorite new toy
- Reaction to the Christmas tree
- Favorite Christmas song
- Who was there on Christmas
Send a Christmas Card
Unless you want the post date, you do not technically need to send the Christmas card. Similar to the letter-writing activity, give your child a Christmas card each year. Write a small note inside the card.
Ask your friends or family to send your baby a Christmas card. Request your loved ones to write a small note, favorite Bible verse, Christmas tradition, or other activities.
Buy or make your baby’s first Christmas ornament. The new ornament does not need to be expensive. A plain ornament from your local dollar store is perfect. But remember to add a date. Buying an ornament for your child each year is a beautiful tradition. When your child is an adult, the decorations turn into a treasured gift.
Christmas Season Photos
Get camera happy! Taking lots of photos is one of the best ways to celebrate and remember your baby’s first Christmas.
- Family Photo: Set your timer or do a selfie to take a family photo to celebrate your baby’s first Christmas. The picture can be casual or dress up in your good clothes for a more formal appearance.
- Pajama Photo: Buy matching pajamas, strike a pose, and take fun photos.
- Sibling Photo: Snap a photo of your new little one with older siblings. (Yes, your dog or cat can be part of the picture if your new baby is your first).
- By the Tree: Hold your little one up to the Christmas tree to hang an ornament. (Depending on the age of your baby, you may have to perform the actual holding on to the ornament.) This simple task is a perfect picture to use your baby’s first ornament.
Make a Christmas Scrapbook
Print out all your photos from the holiday season, save the Christmas cards and other memorabilia to make a scrapbook. Add stickers, photo details, and other embellishments to make the scrapbook a long-lasting treasure.
Observing your baby’s first Christmas is a memorable event. Celebrate every moment of the holiday season with your new little one. Enjoy the Christmas season. Small activities can easily turn into long-lasting memories.