Whether you are just beginning or been keeping a journal for years, writing your thoughts and feelings down on paper is good for your well-being. Do you need some writing inspiration? Check out the following journal writing prompts for October.
- How did September go for you, your family, your loved ones, and your co-workers? Write about your best and worst moments from September in detail.
- What are you looking forward to the most in October?
- What do you hope to accomplish in the last 3 months of 2020?
- What are your thoughts on the pandemic? Are you still under restrictions for your area?
- Make a list of 10 things to get done by the end of the month. Put a star by the most important one.
- Write about that made you smile today.
- If you could have lunch with any writer, actor, or actress, who would you pick? Why?
- Are you decorating for Halloween? Why or Why not?
- Write about what you were doing at 10 am, 3 pm, and 7pm.
- Write a restaurant review.
- October is Family History Month. Write about your family’s beginnings.
- Write about your grandparents or other older family members. Describe their appearance, personality, and different mannerisms that make them stand out.
- Write about your name. How did you get your first and middle names? What does your surname mean? Are you named after anyone in your family?
- Write about your favorite memory with your grandparents or other older family members.
- Wo in your family inspires you? Why?
- Write about your current family status. (Yes, your dog counts as a family member).
- What does the word family mean to you?
- What is the one thing you would to do before 2020 is over? Why is this important to you?
- Write about your entire day from the perspective of your pet. (Yes, a stuffed animal counts).
- Free write for 15 minutes.
- Describe your current weather condition. Does the weather affect your mood?
- Write a book review.
- What are you currently reading or watching? What is the attraction?
- Whare are your thoughts on Halloween this year?
- What is your favorite spooky movie? Why?
- Did you have Halloween parties at school? What do you remember the most about the celebration?
- Did you celebrate Halloween as a child? Did you go trick-or-treating? What is your best Halloween memory?
- What are your Halloween plans?
- How does this Halloween differ from last year?
- Do you believe in ghosts? Why or Why not?
- Happy Halloween! How did your day go?
One thought on “Journal Writing Prompts for October”
These are some amazing prompts. I’m lucky that I get to just freewrite through my entire journal, and usually have a lot to babble on about. Thanks for sharing this list!
LikeLiked by 1 person