The school year is finally winding down. Warmer weather is the perfect time to engage in family activities. Do you need ideas for summer family fun for both sunny and rainy days? Check out the following list.
Rainy Day Activity Ideas
Rainy days do not need to be boring. Checking the weather ahead of time will help you plan for your rainy day fun.
- Family Movie Night: Pick a movie, make pizza, or make popcorn.
- Board Game Night: Video games are fun. But for a night, unplug from technology and host a board game night. Make snacks, make root beer floats, and enjoy each others’ conversation as you play games.
- Go to Your Local Library: Check out the latest summer books, movies or other media. Most libraries host summer reading clubs or other events. Participating in a group is the perfect way to meet new friends while learning.
- Craft Day: Check out Pinterest for summer craft ideas. Many craft supplies may be found at your local dollar store. Picking up a wide variety of craft items is a low-cost alternative for a rainy day.
- Summer Journal: Summers go by fast. Set aside time to write. Even a local stop can easily turn into a page in your scrapbook. Jot down information about the place. Add pictures, stickers, and other memorabilia to your summer scrapbook. On a rainy day, relax and relieve the memory.
- Summer Bucket List: Create a summer bucket list. Write down all the activities for you and family to enjoy over the warmer months.
Unplugging from your electrical devices may be necessary to recharge. Keep in mind; switching your mobile device is advisable. You may never know when an emergency may arise.
- Nature Walk: Go for a nature walk. Look for summer birds, flowers blooming, and other wildlife. Take pictures. Just simply enjoy the sights and sounds of being outdoors.
- Go Hiking: State and national parks have hiking trails available for the beginner to the expert hiker. Many trails are pet-friendly. Your dog will enjoy the change of scenery.
- Go Geocaching: Geocaching is a fun way to enjoy the outdoors.
- Host a BBQ: Invite friends or extended family members to a BBQ.
- Bonfire Night: Sitting around a bonfire is a great way to spend a summer evening. Make s’mores. Look at the stars. Chase fireflies.
- Go Dog Walking: Walking your dog is a perfect exercise for both of you. If you do not have a dog of your own, many local dog rescues or shelters need volunteers to walk adoptable dogs. Who knows maybe you will find your new best friend.
- Local Tourist: Be a hometown tourist for a day. When was the last time, you visited your local museum, art gallery, or other tourist sites?
- Go to the Splash Park: Splash parks or splash pads are a great activity to beat the summer heat. Pack a lunch and enjoy an afternoon outdoors.
- Attend a Free Outdoor Concert/Movie Night: Many communities host numerous community events in the summer. Make an outdoor concert or a movie in the park part of your weekend fun.
Summertime activities can easily turn into long-lasting memories for your family or friends. Enjoy your time together.