Are you ready for the Thanksgiving weekend? The upcoming holiday includes large family gatherings, traveling, and community events. Or you could be opting to stay close to home. Whether you are gathering with family or friends, check out the following last-minute Thanksgiving ideas to make your holiday more memorable.
Please note: “As an Amazon affiliate, I earn income from qualifying purchases.”
Start Your Thanksgiving Decorating Now
Thanksgiving is only a couple days away. Consider simple last-minute decorating to make your home more festive.
- Paper Placemats: Creating paper placements is a fun activity for little ones. Use large pieces of construction paper to draw, paint, or color Thanksgiving designs. If you want to save your creation as a keepsake, laminate the final product. (Don’t have a laminator? You can still save your project with clear contact paper).
- Place Cards: Fold notecards in half and decorate. Add a name, stickers, or other designs to your place cards. Creating place cards is another fun activity for children. Younger children may need help with writing out the names.
- Thanksgiving Banner: Create a Thanksgiving banner out of construction paper or use a poster board. Write out Happy Thanksgiving. Asking all your guests to sign your banner is a great way to create a lasting keepsake.
- Thanksgiving Centerpiece: Create a cornucopia or other type of Thanksgiving centerpiece for your table. A wicker basket with fall-themed flowers, gourds, or other nature items is a perfect budget-friendly centerpiece.
- Flowers: Fill your favorite vases with fresh flowers. Or make small decorations with fake flowers. Bright yellow and orange flowers add a touch of color to your table setting.
- Additional Table Embellishments: Gourds, miniature pumpkins, turkey figurines, and other small items create the perfect Thanksgiving table decorations.
- Tree of Thanks: Use a small branch or paint a tree on a piece of poster board. Cut out leaf shapes from different colors of construction paper. On each leaf, write down a reason why you are grateful. Give a pre-cut leaf to each of your guests. Soon, your tree of thanks will be full of colorful leaves.
Even the simplest decorations enhance your Thanksgiving atmosphere. Have fun with the creation process. If you do not have supplies on hand, check out your local dollar store for materials at a low cost.