Time marches by quickly. Embrace the daily triumphs. Ending a school year is a milestone in your child’s life. Not to mention, you deserve recognition for last minute school snacks, homework help, field trips, and on some days simply getting your child to school on time.
As the last day of school arrives, take the time to celebrate. Scheduling conflicts may not allow your celebration to occur exactly on the last day, still take the time to recognize the accomplishment. The celebration can be a simple family dinner with a special dessert to a large party with your child’s friends.
End of the School Year Party Ideas
If you are uncertain how to celebrate, ask your child for input. Often your child’s idea may be something you would have never thought about as a fun way to celebrate. Or you can consider any of the following:
- Special family dinner
- Family game night
- Trip to the local bookstore to purchase books for summer reading
- Backyard BBQ
- Pool party (if the weather permits)
- Backyard beach party
- Harry Potter theme party
- Comic book, princess or other theme party
- End of the school year theme party
- Trip to the local ice cream shop
- Dinner out at your child’s favorite restaurant
- Pizza party
- Video game night
- Arts and crafts party
- Outdoor games party
- Trip to the park, zoo or other local attraction
- Scavenger hunt
- Movie night
- Picnic in the park or your own backyard
- Attend a major or minor league baseball game or other sporting events
- Water balloon “fight” or other water-related activities
The possibilities on how to celebrate the end of a school year are endless. Surprisingly, a simple ice cream pie to celebrate the end of the school year may easily become a lasting memory.
Editor’s note: This blog is an updated version from one on my other site.