Annually on April 22, millions around the world gather to celebrate Earth Day. The best way to celebrate Earth Day is outdoors. But, if the weather is not the best, focus on Earth’s majestic beauty through drawing.
Creating art is a great way to honor and celebrate the planet. Drawing is an easy project for the entire family to enjoy.
Create posters from your drawings to hang on your refrigerator, bedroom wall, or window. Or photograph your drawings to share on social media.
If you are searching for inspiration, check out the following drawing prompts for Earth Day.
- Self-Portrait in nature.
- Earth (Draw the planet. This is a great poster idea)
- Your Country, State, or Territory.
- Forests, Woods, or Trees (Don’t forget to add in wildlife)
- Nature Scene (What’s your favorite spot in nature?)
- Oceans, Lake, Rivers, Streams, or Ponds (Don’t forget to add what lives in the water.)
- Mountains, Cliffs, Valleys, or Hills (Draw each area in a different season.)
- Volcano (Is the volcano active?)
- Grass (What lives in the small blades of grass?)
- Current Weather
- Scary Weather
- Favorite Season
- Landscape Scene
- Your Favorite Place to Visit
- A Future Place to Visit
- Sunset or Sunrise
- Paths or Trails
- Boulders, Rocks, or Stones (What is your favorite rocky area to visit?)
- Leaves Up-Close
- Wild Flowers
- Baby Animals
- Favorite Animal
- Wild Animals
- Endangered Species
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Don’t Pollute
- Future Earth
- A Call to Action
- Artist’s Choice
Happy Earth Day!