Today, September 22, 2022, at 9:03 pm EST in the Northern Hemisphere, marks the official first day of autumn. The fall season ushers in cooler temperatures and beautiful foliage. If you are looking for ways to celebrate the autumn equinox, check out the following for inspiration.
Enjoying nature is the best way to celebrate the autumn equinox. Spend as much time as possible outdoors. Enjoy the fresh air.
- Go on a hike.
- Go stargazing.
- Grab your camera and go on a nature walk.
- Gather pinecones, acorns, twigs, leaves, rocks, and other nature items for crafts.
- Have a picnic in the park.
- Read a book while sitting under your favorite tree.
- Mediate outdoors.
Create a Feast
The autumn season is historically a time to harvest crops. Make a meal or dessert with freshly harvested fruits and vegetables.
- Make a stew in your crock pot. The smell will fill the entire house.
- Bake an apple or pumpkin pie.
- Make fresh soup from squash, pumpkin, or potatoes.
- Eat fruit including apples, pears, and berries.
- Make zucchini bread.
- Create a salad from fall harvest vegetables
- Eat corn on the cob or fresh carrots.
Staying home? That’s okay. There are still small ways to celebrate the autumn equinox.
- Read a fall-themed book.
- Watch an autumn-inspired movie.
- Light a candle with a fall-related scent.
- Listen to autumn-themed music.
- Start a journal.
- Do autumn crafts.
- Decorate your home in autumn-inspired colors.
Enjoy the start of the season with these simple ways to celebrate the autumn equinox. Happy fall!