Are you searching for another craft to keep your children busy? Making Harry Potter themed ornaments is an excellent way to pass the time. The ornaments will make a great addition to your Christmas tree later in the year. Or, you can display your ornament creations on your bookcase, curtain rod, or other noticeable areas.
- Clay (The type of material used is completely up to you. You can purchase baking clay at your local supermarket or craft shop. Or you can look up a recipe on Pinterest to make porcelain or salt dough.)
- Cookie sheet
- Various Harry Potter themed cookie cutters. (This kit is sold at William Sonoma).
- Make the dough according to instructions. Or tear off pieces of the clay to use.
- Work into the desired consistency.
- Roll out the clay.
- Push the cookie cutter into the clay.
- Place the ornament unto the cookie sheet.
- Poke holes in the ornament to hang later. (A small wooden dowel works great)
- Bake the ornaments as directed.
- Allow the ornaments to completely cool.
The best part of the ornament craft, children of all ages can enjoy the painting process. Remember to place a date on the back of the ornament. A simple afternoon craft can easily turn into a cherished memory down the road.