Celebrating George Lucas’ Star Wars, May 4th is known as May the Fourth Be With You. For diehard fans, the catch slogan is a play on words to the catchphrase “May the Force Be With You.” A general wish of good luck or goodwill as a person leaves to go on a mission. With social distancing and self-isolation, celebrating May the Fourth Be With You means staying close to home. But, the day still can be lots of fun.
How to Celebrate May the Fourth Be With You at Home
Beginning in May 1977, Star Wars enticed theater and drive-in goers around the globe. Through the years, other installments were released only to further the storyline. Today, fans enjoy movies, animated series, and a new television series, The Mandalorian, all adding to the beautiful world of the Star Wars franchise. So, how do you celebrate the day at home? Check out the following ideas:
- Binge-Watch: From the first Star Wars, the prequels and the sequels, there is plenty to binge to celebrate May the Fourth Be With You. Not to mention, the new series on Disney+, The Mandalorian, centering on The Child, the show provides hours of entertainment. For added fun, host an online watch party. Enjoy Star Wars with your friends.
- Read: The Star Wars Universe has numerous books and comics. Grab your favorite blanket, cuddle with your four-legged companion, and just read.
- Audio: If you are cleaning or doing yard work, try listening to Star Wars. The different stories are brought to life while you continue to do your work.
- Play Games: Do you have a Star Wars-themed video game or board game? Today is the perfect day to play. Gather your family together, grab your favorite game, and have fun.
- Set Up a Photo Shoot: Using a sheet or blanket as a backdrop, set up your own photo session. Wear your Star Wars apparel, act out scenes, and have fun with the extra time on your hands.
- Get Crafty: Star Wars is full of unique characters and creatures. Use the different species as inspiration for crafts. For example, make homemade modeling clay (the recipe is on Pinterest). Use the clay to make a Star Wars-themed creature of your own.
- Cook a Meal or Dessert: Ever tried galactic meatballs or out of this world spaghetti? Adding a space name to any food is an excellent way for children to enjoy the day without a lot of added fuss. Use your imagination, prepare an entire meal or snack with different names.
For avid fans of the franchise, celebrating May the Fourth Be With You is an added bonus. Due to the recent health issue, staying home is the norm for this year. But being indoors does not need to be boring. Enjoy your time together. Soon, the parks will open, conventions will be running, and you will be able to take part in larger celebrations. Until then, May the Force Be With You.