Black Friday is one of the most competitive selling days for retailers. What does that mean for you, the frugal shopper? A chance to save money on your holiday gift list. Black Friday brings extended shopping hours, early-bird specials, doorbuster, and online sales. Unlimited opportunities are perfect for all of your shopping needs.
Black Friday Strategies to Get the Most for Your Money
The massive shopping event brings large crowds, long lines, and significant savings. Being prepared is the best way to get the most for your money during Black Friday specials. Consider the following strategies to get the most out of your Black Friday shopping experience.
After you gather your loved ones’ holiday wish lists, begin researching. Learn everyday prices, especially big-ticket items. Electronics, appliances, gaming systems, cameras, and computers often have the best savings opportunities. By knowing the regular price, you can determine which store offers the best deal on Black Friday.
Ads and Apps
Your best resources for saving money on Black Friday are store ads and apps.
- Ads: Use the ads for comparison shopping among different retailers. Most ads will be online before Black Friday. If you cannot find online ads, check your local newspaper for inserts. Remember to take your ads with you when you shop. Many retailers offer a price match guarantee.
- Apps: Use downloadable apps to find additional savings. For example, Slick Deals features coupons, discount codes, coupons, and other ways to save. Using an app on Black Friday allows you to stretch your money further.
Do you have a favorite store? Or are you planning to shop at specific retailers on Black Friday? Use their social media and email features to get updates, discount codes, and other chances for further savings.
- Bookmark: Use the bookmark feature on your phone or computer to save each of your favorite retailers. By bookmarking each retailer’s website, you can quickly locate the site to view and compare pricing.
- Get Social: Take advantage of your social media accounts. Find and follow your favorite retailers on your social network. Numerous retail stores will offer exclusive savings for followers.
- Email: Most retailer websites provide you with the option of signing up for email updates. Signing up for emails may result in additional savings. Numerous retailers offer other or special discounts through daily, weekly, or special email updates.
Use the Buddy System
Do you remember the buddy system in grade school? Use the same idea for Black Friday shopping.
- Long Lines: When purchasing big-ticket items, retail stores use lines to keep the crowded areas flowing smooth. If you want more than one deal, ask a friend to stand in another line for you.
- Cart Watcher: Moving a cart around a crowded retail store is difficult. When you go shopping with a buddy, one person can watch the cart while another finds the desired item.
- Safety: Shopping with a buddy is safer. Even with the extra security, being with another person, enables you to keep a closer watch on your surroundings.
Use Black Friday to find the great deals for all your holiday wish list items. Remember to wear comfortable shoes, standing in line is always part of the experience.