Today, June 14th is Flag Day! Are you trying to find the right words to add to your social media posts? If you need inspiration, check out the following quotes for Flag Day.
- “We identify the flag with almost everything we hold dear on earth, peace, security, liberty, our family, our friends, our home.”- Calvin Coolidge
- “A thoughtful mind, when it sees a nation’s flag, sees not the flag only, but the Nation itself; and whatever may be its symbols, its insignia, he reads chiefly in the flag the Government, the principles, the truths, the history which belongs to the Nation that sets it forth.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “When we honor our flag, we honor what we stand for as a Nation — freedom, equality, justice, and hope.” – Ronald Reagan
- “The red and white and starry blue – is freedom’s shield and hope.”- John Philip Sousa
- “He flew a flag out in our yard. Until the day that he died.”- Toby Keith.
- “The flag of the United States has not been created by rhetorical sentences in declarations of independence and in bills of rights. It has been created by the experience of a great people, and nothing is written upon it that has not been written by their life. It is the embodiment, not of a sentiment, but of a history.”- Woodrow Wilson
- “You’re the emblem of the land I love, the home of the free and the brave.” – George M. Cohan, ‘You’re A Grand Old Flag.’
- “The American flag is the symbol of our freedom, national pride and history.” – Mike Fitzpatrick
- “The whole inspiration of our life as a nation flows out from the waving folds of this banner.” – Author Unknown
- “Our flag is not just one of many political points of view. Rather, the flag is a symbol of our national unity.” – Adrian Cronauer.
- “I believe our flag is more than just cloth and ink. It is a universally recognized symbol that stands for liberty, and freedom. It is the history of our nation, and it’s marked by the blood of those who died defending it.” – John Thune
- “Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.”- Mark Twain.
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” – Elmer Davis.
- “Oh! say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave, O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.”- Francis Scott Key, ‘The Star-Spangled Banner.’
- “And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.”- John F. Kennedy
Happy Flag Day! May she continue to wave for generations to come.