Are you a Potterhead? Did you know today, May 2nd is International Harry Potter Day? According to the Wizarding World timeline, the Battle of Hogwarts occurred on this day in 1998. The history of the day is the reason to celebrate Harry Potter. If you are looking for ways to celebrate International Harry Potter Day, check out the following ideas.
Please note as an Amazon affiliate, “I earn income from qualifying purchases.”
- Movie Marathon: Gather your friends or family to have a movie night. Make popcorn, order pizza, or bake some goodies. Pick your favorite Harry Potter movie or two to watch. Yes, you can binge-watch the entire series.
- Read: Cozy up with your favorite Harry Potter book and revisit the magic of the Wizarding World. Use today to start the series over by reading the first book, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.
- Listen to the Books: If your schedule is too busy to sit and read. Listen to the audio version of the books.
- Harry Potter–Themed Food: In J.K. Rowling’s, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Remus Lupin stated, “Eat, you’ll feel better.” Of course, this was after an encounter with a Dementor. Make Harry Potter-related snacks, chocolate frogs, a cake, licorice wands, or bake an entire feast to go with movie night.
- Host a Harry Potter Craft Day: Create your own wand. Use clay to make a chocolate frog or Wizarding World coins. The possibilities are endless.
- Play Games: Host a Harry Potter board game night. Or play video games.
- Listen to a Podcast: Revisit old favorites or find a new podcast focusing on Harry Potter.
- Play Soundtracks: Listen to the soundtracks from the movies.
- Lego: Pick up a new Harry Potter-themed Lego set for an impromptu family night creating a piece from the Wizarding World. From the Hogwarts Castle to Hagrid’s Hut, you can find all types of projects to piece together. For added fun, watch the movies while putting the new Lego set together.
- Online: Find and chat with other fans in your favorite Harry Potter group.
Remember to have fun! Happy International Harry Potter Day!