Yes, Christmas Eve is only hours away. But there is still time to start a new tradition with your family. If you are looking to start a new Christmas Eve tradition, check out the following list.
- Bake: Christmas Eve is the perfect time to bake. Start a family tradition of baking cookies or other sweets together as a family. Leave cookies out for Santa or deliver some of your tasty treats to nearby neighbors.
- Track Santa: Track Santa on through the Official NORAD site. Create excitement by tracking Santa at different times throughout the evening.
- Read ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas: Cuddle up under fuzzy blankets and read the entire poem A Visit from St. Nicholas by Clement Clarke Moore.
- Watch a Christmas Movie: Make popcorn or a homemade pizza then watch your favorite Christmas movie.
- Picnic Under the Christmas Tree: Spread out a blanket next to the Christmas tree and host an indoor picnic. The food does not need to fancy. Even hot cocoa and peanut butter sandwiches can turn the night into a lasting memory.
- Make a Video: Create a Christmas video to post to your social media accounts.
- Strike a Pose: Take a selfie in front of the Christmas tree.
- Go to Church: Numerous churches host Christmas Eve services.
- Read the Christmas Story from the Bible: Read Luke 2: 1-20 to celebrate the birth of Jesus.
- Go Look at Christmas Lights: Pile into a vehicle to spend the evening looking at Christmas light displays around your neighborhood.
- Christmas Eve Meal: Plan and make a Christmas meal together. The meal can be a traditional spread with all the fixings or simply hearty stew. The choice is entirely up to you.
- Game Night: Put on your favorite Christmas song playlist and play board games.
Have a great Christmas Eve!