Sweetest Day is only a couple days away. Did you remember? Sweetest Day is always on the third Saturday of October. Originally known as Candy Day, Sweetest Day has roots dating back to the 1920s. Are you still searching for a last-minute Sweetest Day gift? Check out the following list for ideas.
Ideas for Sweetest Day Gifts
- Candy: Sweets are the traditional gift for Sweetest Day. One of the first Sweetest Day’s observers, Herbert Birch Kingston, distributed candy and small gifts to orphans and the elderly.
- Flowers: A beautiful bouquet of flowers is a great way to celebrate Sweetest Day.
- Dance Lessons: Taking dance lessons together to celebrate Sweetest Day as a couple.
- Subscription Boxes: A monthly subscription box provides your loved one with a mystery gift for months to come.
- Tickets: Is your favorite team or band coming to a local venue? Grab tickets for a night out.
- Get Outdoors: Pack a picnic, go hiking, or view nature.
- Group Fun: Sweetest Day does not necessarily mean spending time alone. Invite other couples or families over for a BBQ or Bonfire. There is no right or wrong way to celebrate Sweetest Day.
- Haunted Fun: Go on a haunted walking tour. Or take a hayride through a spooky corn maze on a chilly evening. If you really like being scared, walk through a haunted house.
- Wine or Beer Tour: Go on a wine or craft beer tasting tour.
- Hometown Tourist: Spend a day going to local tourist attractions. Go to museums, historical sites, or art galleries.
- Gift Card: Almost every store including online shops offers gift cards.
- A Night In: Often the simple gestures are the best. Order take-out from your favorite restaurant, cuddle on the sofa, and binge-watch your favorite show.
Happy Sweetest Day! Every day is a reason to celebrate. Enjoy your day.