Let’s face it; your dog is a valuable member of your family. For many, a dog or two is your constant companion. Creating an Easter Basket for your four-legged friend is a perfect way to celebrate the holiday.
Easter Basket Ideas for Your Dog
- New Collar: After the long winter, your dog’s collar may need replacing. Consider a brightly colored one for the warmer months ahead.
- Bandana: A new, holiday-themed bandana to wear around on Easter Sunday is the perfect addition to your dog’s basket. When you’re picking out one, grab a couple extra for summer. Bright colors are always fun for the upcoming warmer weather.
- Squeaky Toys: A new squeaky toy may annoy you but your dog will love it.
- Dog Biscuits: Nutritional value dog biscuits are an ideal snack for your favorite dog to enjoy.
- Dog Bones: Dogs love bones. If you are uncertain on the type to buy your favorite four-legged friend, consult your veterinarian.
- Dog Treats: A bag of your pup’s favorite dog treats are perfect for the Easter basket. Or feel free to make your own.
- Doggie Fashion Wear: Shirts, coats, hats, and even pajamas are all available for your dog to enjoy.
- New Ball: A ball or a Frisbee is perfect for playing catch with your pooch. The extra exercise is good for your dog and you.
- New Stuffed Toy (Dog Approved): A stuffed bunny or other dog toy is fun for your dog. In many cases, the dog is not really stuffed. But you get the idea.
Okay, these do not technically fit into your dog’s Easter basket but you get the idea.
- Visit the Doggie Park: A trip to the doggie park, a hike or a walk is a great way to release energy. The extra exercise will tire your dog (and you) out for a good night sleep.
- Attend a Pet-Related Easter Event: Many pet food suppliers or other pet-friendly establishments host Easter community events for dogs. Try something new. Due to COVID restrictions, remember to call ahead to get details of the event and social distancing guidelines.
- Photo with the Easter Bunny: Many organizations host Easter Bunny photos for pets as a way to raise funds. As a pet owner, you will get a memorable photo of you and your dog. At the same time, the price of the photo goes to a good cause.
Whatever you do for Easter, take time to cuddle and love your faithful companion.