Let’s face it, the Christmas season can get busy quickly. Spending high-quality family time together is essential to enjoy the holidays. When you are you looking for fun, family activities to celebrate Christmas, consider making plaster ornaments.
Plaster ornaments are simple to make. You can hang them on your own tree. Or share them with family members as gifts. Kids will love making an ornament for grandma, grandpa, a favorite aunt or uncle.
- Christmas themed molds or pans (The plaster does not harm them, just wash thoroughly after use.)
- Throw away containers for mixing plaster. (Remember not to pour remaining plaster down the sink.)
- Paint in various colors
- Place newspapers or other protective materials on your counter.
- Mix plaster as directed. Always add the plaster mixture to the water for a smooth and consistent mixture. (Keep in mind, the plaster hardens quickly. You need to have your molds ready to go. You can add a little extra water to provide a bit more time).
- Fill the molds completely.
- Place hangers into your mold. (Paper clips or pop can tab work great for an instant, inexpensive hanger).
- Allow your ornaments to dry completely.
- Gently remove the ornaments from the molds. You may need to tap on the mold to loosen the ornament.
- Paint the ornaments. (You can also personalize the ornaments with names).
Even younger children can help with the painting process. Just do not forget to add the date on the back. The Christmas ornaments can quickly turn into a lasting treasure.