Many recognize November as the beginning of the holiday season. On social media, posts suggest celebrating the Christmas season before Thanksgiving is not acceptable. After a long year of COVID restrictions, celebrating with your family should be a daily event. There is no right or wrong way to celebrate the holidays. Simply have fun and enjoy the season in a way that makes you happy.
Are you looking for ways to start celebrating early? Check out the following list for ideas.
Begin decorating early. Do you have boxes with Christmas decorations in storage? Take your time to look through each box. Decorate as you go. Overdecorate. Use all of your decorations. Spread your Christmas decorations throughout your entire living space.
- Put up your Christmas tree.
- Decorate hallways and doors.
- Purchase small trees for your young children’s rooms. (Dollar store Christmas trees work perfectly for this set up).
- Set a small Christmas related plushie on the dash of your car.
- Decorate outdoors, including your porch, trees, or mailbox.
- Set up a nativity scene indoors or outdoors.
- Arrange a centerpiece on your dining room table.
Do some of your ornaments lack sparkle? Add some glitter and revamp old ornaments and decorations.
- Make salt dough ornaments
- Make cinnamon dough ornaments
- Create ornaments out of clay
- Make paper chains
- Thread popcorn and cranberries for garland
- Make Christmas wreaths to share or keep
- Make homemade Christmas cards.
- Create a centerpiece.
Watch Holiday Movies
The Hallmark Channel began streaming holiday movies over two weeks ago. Go ahead, watch, and enjoy the uplifting holiday programs. If you do not have the Hallmark Channel, start searching your other streaming services to find the perfect Christmas programs for you or your entire family. Remember, you can always dig out your DVDs.
Turn watching holiday movies into a special event for your whole family. Serve snacks, hot cocoa, or order pizza. If you cannot be with your family or friends in person, host an online movie event.
If celebrating Christmas early makes you happy, then do it. Enjoy every minute of the holiday season.