Harry Potter fans worldwide celebrate September 1st as the day to return to Hogwarts. Since social distancing and restrictions are still in effect for many areas, finding small ways to celebrate is essential. Are you wondering how to celebrate going back to Hogwarts? Check out the following ideas for inspiration.
Celebrating Going Back to Hogwarts
“Whether you come back by page or by the big screen,
Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.”
Return to Hogwarts in your own way by participating in different family-friendly activities.
- Watch the Movies: Make some popcorn, order pizza, and pick your favorite Harry Potter movie to watch. Choosing a favorite may be difficult; you can always binge-watch the entire series over the next couple of days.
- Re-Read the Series: Curl up under your favorite blanket and spend time re-reading the series. Or read the series together as a family.
- Listen to the Audio Versions: Do you have other work to do? Turn on the audio version of the series.
- Make Wizarding World Themed Food: In J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Remus Lupin stated, “Eat, you’ll feel better.” Of course, this was after an encounter with a Dementor. But the sentiment still holds up for returning to Hogwarts. Make chocolate frogs, coins, or a complete meal based on the food from the Hogwarts’ feast. Don’t forget the cake.
- Have a Craft Day: Pull out your crafting supply stash and make Wizarding World themed crafts.
There are numerous easy crafts to make, including owls, plaster frogs, coins, ornaments, and more. Of course, you will need your own wand.
- Participate in Online Events: With all the restrictions in place due to the pandemic, many sites, including the Wizarding World, are hosting online events.
- Listen to a Podcast: Find a new or re-listen to Harry Potter-themed podcasts.
- Play Games: From video games to board games, play Wizarding World and Harry Potter themed games.
Do you want to know the best way to celebrate going back to Hogwarts? Have fun. Enjoy time with your family. Or curl up with your dog and dive back into the Wizarding World by reading the very first Harry Potter book.