Are you celebrating Christmas in July? Do you need more easy crafts to keep kids busy? When staying close to home, being creative is an excellent way to pass the time. Consider making homemade wrapping paper to use later during the Christmas season. The handmade gift wrap is an easy project for all ages.
- Butcher paper, newsprint, or other types of packing paper
- Containers for paint
- Cut sponges into various shapes, for example, Christmas trees, gift boxes, stars, and ornaments. (Help younger children cut the sponges into shapes.)
- Spread your choice of paper on a flat surface.
- Squirt small amounts of paint in your container.
- Dip your cut sponge into the paint.
- Make sure the paint covers the entire sponge for a precise shape.
- Press sponge on to the paper. When you are finished, simply rinse the sponges of the entire paint residue. You can use the sponges more than once.
- Continue the process until you reach your desired design.
- Allow the paint shapes to dry.
- Use markers to add outlines, Christmas songs, Bible verses, names, or other designs to your gift wrap.
- Now, wrap your Christmas gifts and enjoy your finalized product.
Homemade gift wrap is an excellent way to provide a personalized touch to your presents. Use your imagination to create numerous sheets of wrapping paper. You can always set the mood by playing Christmas music.