Are you looking for inspiration for Harry Potter themed crafts to celebrate his birthday on July 31st? Create an owl or other animal from felt cut-outs.
At Hogwarts, you can bring an animal. As J.K. Rowling’s character Hagrid states, “Tell, yeh what, I’ll get your animal. Not a toad, toads went outta fashion years ago, yeh’d be laughed at-an, I don’t like cats, they make me sneeze. I’ll get yer owl. All the kids want owls, they’re dead useful. carry yer mail an everything.'” (Rowling, 1998). So what would you bring?
Felt Owl Craft
The felt owl craft is an easy project. With a little assistance, even the youngest family members can create a personalized felt owl.
- Pre-cut felt animal shapes or felt to cut (Note: the pre-cut owl shapes are stiffer which makes gluing items on the material easier)
- Googly eyes
- Yarn pieces
- Material scraps
- Tacky glue
- Paint or permanent markers
- Pipe cleaners
- Gather your desired materials.
- Create your personalized owl by gluing desired materials on to the felt cut-out.
- Allow your pet creation to dry for at least 24-hours.
- Display proudly.
Creating one-of-a-kind owls or other animals is the best part of this easy Harry Potter inspired craft.
Rowling, J. K. (1998). Harry Potter and the sorcerer’s stone. New York: Arthur A. Levine Books