Are you already thinking about the 2019 Christmas season? You are not alone. Frugal shoppers are already looking forward to finding deals for the upcoming holiday season. Whether you shop at the store or online, one of the best days to save is Black Friday.
Tips for a Successful Black Friday
Black Friday is a fun and exciting way to save money for the Christmas season. For many individuals, planning for the day is the start of holiday shopping.
Preplanning is one of the best ways to get the most out of your Black Friday experience.
- Make Lists: Before Black Friday, make lists of desired items. Keep the lists on your phone or use a small notebook. Using a list keeps your focus on the wanted items to prevent overspending.
- Comparison Shop: Get the store ads ahead of time. Compare your wanted items with the store ads.
- Strategize: Use the ads as a way to strategize your shopping to get everything on your list. Take advantage of store apps to help guide you through shopping on Black Friday.
- Divide and Conquer: Strategize with friends. If you want items at more than one store, ask friends who are shopping to help. Offer to get their desired items at one location if they get yours at another one. The divide and conquer method is the best chance to get all of the Black Friday shopping lists wants.
Safety is essential on Black Friday. Large crowds mean lots of people in enclosed areas. Unfortunately, not everyone follows the rules. Being safe requires extra precautionary measures.
- Use the Buddy System: Remeber when you were little, the teacher or parent stressed using the buddy system for safety. Rules have not changed for Black Friday. Get a friend or relative to shop with you.
- Watch Your Purse or Wallet: Be aware of the people around you at all times. Carry your purse inside of your coat or zip your wallet into your coat’s interior. If you place your purse in the cart, slip the child’s safety belts through the handles to lock in place.
- Mind Your Money: Keep your money or credit card in your purse until you are at the counter.
- Save All Receipts: Regardless of the size of purchase, save the receipt. Along with proof of purchase, a receipt can be used to exchange items, monitor your spending, and check credit card activity.
- Check Your Surroundings: Park your vehicle in a well-lit area. Keep your car locked at all times. Be aware of anyone who is around you. Generally, stores add extra security, and police officers are around during Black Friday sales.
Yes, Black Friday is about finding the best deals. But you can have fun while you shop.
- Use Your Voice: Sing to the Christmas carols playing on the loudspeaker. Singing along to Christmas favorites is a great way to spread holiday cheer.
- Talk: Engage in friendly conversation with others while standing in line.
- Eat: Go out to lunch or dinner. Remember to stay hydrated, shopping can be exhausting. Stopping for a simple meal is a must on any shopping excursion. Use the stop to analyze your list and figure out your next move. Anyways, a rich chocolatey dessert can be part of your Black Friday shopping tradition.
Participating in Black Friday is a great way to kick off your holiday shopping. Grab a friend and make the day memorable.