Christmas in July is a unique way to celebrate the seasonal holiday in the summer. Many people love the second chance to celebrate Christmas including singing carols, decorating a tree, and receiving a visit from Santa. Others use Christmas in July to start planning for the festive season in December.
Planning for Christmas in July
If you are looking for ways to take advantage of the Christmas in July holiday season, check out the following.
Please note: “As an Amazon affiliate, I earn income from qualifying purchases.”
- Make Lists (and More Lists): Use a notebook or your favorite app to start making lists for Christmas. Gift ideas, cards, and donation recipients are a great place to start with lists. Use your lists as part of the planning process for Christmas.
- Take Advantage of Sales: Christmas in July ads are on television, radio, social media, and print. Finding a deal is always a significant step toward finalizing your Christmas shopping lists.
- Shop Prime Days: Amazon hosts Prime Days in July. The two-day event, July 12-13 is a great way to start your holiday shopping. Purchase items early. The holiday season often brings shortages of favorite products.
- Shop Back-to-School: In July, department stores begin filling shelves with back-to-school supplies. Markers, crayons, paint, paint brushes, paper, desk lamps, computers, and bags are generally on sale. The savings are perfect for buying early Christmas presents.
- Plan Tentative Events: Make a revisable schedule for the holiday season. Plan social gatherings, teas, dinners, and other festive fun. Creating a tentative schedule allows you to make lists for supplies, gifts, and more.
Christmas in July is a great way to get a head start on the holiday season. Have fun! Take advantage of the seasonal sales.