Did you know today, March 29th is National Mom and Pop Business Owner Day? Small businesses play a vital role in the United States economy. Today is set aside to recognize their significance.
Owning a small business requires hard work and dedication. If you are searching for ways to help promote a local restaurant, hair salon, mechanic, contractor, or specialty shop on Mom and Pop Business Owner Day, consider the following ideas.
- Know Your Community: Check out new local shops or revisit long-standing independent businesses. Join community groups on social media to learn about new or other small businesses in your neighborhood.
- Write a Review: After visiting a local establishment, write a review of your experience. If you made a purchase, describe your product or service. If you did not buy anything, you still can leave a review. Describe the business. How did the employees greet you? Will you return? Provide honest feedback.
- Follow On Social Media Platforms: Many stores use social media to promote new items or services being offered. If a local business has a social media presence, follow the page and share posts. Even if you did not find anything for yourself, share posts with your followers or friends.
- Subscribe to Newsletters: Small business owners share vital information about sales or upcoming events through weekly or monthly newsletters. Subscribing to a newsletter keeps you informed.
- Show Gratitude: A “thank you” to employees or the owner is a great way to show appreciation. Consider buying gift cards or certificates to give away to loved ones. If you are visiting a local restaurant or hair salon, tip well to show your gratitude.
What is the best way to support National Mom and Pop Business Owners Day? Visit one.