A big bowl of popcorn and your favorite movie are the perfect combination for a cold winter’s night at home. Yes, popcorn is a great snack all by itself. But if you want an extra kick, consider the following toppings for your popcorn.
- Crushed Oreos (Or your favorite cookie. Simply crush and mix into your already made popcorn).
- Butterscotch Chips (Sprinkle butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, or other type of baking chips on your warm already made popcorn. The heat from the popcorn melts the chips for a delicious mixture).
- Mini M&Ms
- A Light Sprinkle of Cinnamon and Sugar
- Mini Marshmallows and Chocolate Chips
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cayenne Pepper
- Garlic Power or Garlic Salt
- Nacho Flavoring
- White Chocolate Chips and Crushed Peppermint Candies (This is a great one for the holiday season; simply use candy canes).
- Chili Pepper
- Mixture of Melted Marshmallow Cream and Peanut Butter
- “Everything Bagel” Mixture (Use Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Sesame Seeds, and Poppy Seeds. Mix to suit your individual taste).
Experiment with your popcorn toppings. Mix and match flavors to find the perfect treat. For family night, allow everyone their own bowl of popcorn with a variety of options for toppings. Of course, a little extra melted butter is always a go-to favorite when snacking on popcorn.