Did you know today, April 9th is National Unicorn Day? A legendary horse-like creature dating back to the 5th century, a unicorn has a single spiraling horn protruding out from the forehead. Are you wondering how to celebrate this incredible magical being? Check out the following ideas for celebrating National Unicorn Day.
- Write a Story: Have you been considering writing a book centering around a unicorn. Today is the perfect time to write your unicorn story.
- Write Your Child’s Story: If you have younger children, ask them to tell a story about a unicorn. Writing down or recording the story is a great keepsake. Who knows, the story may be the building blocks to a future novel.
- Draw or Paint: Draw or paint a unicorn picture. Create a whole scene around your unicorn. For example, where does your unicorn live? What does your unicorn eat? What magic powers does your unicorn have?
- Read A Book: Go to your local library or download a story about a unicorn. The story can be for yourself or read to your young children.
- Do Crafts: Time to get creative. Modeling clay is a great medium to use to create a unicorn. Air dry clay is inexpensive and easy to use. Simply shape the clay into a unicorn, allow to dry, and paint. If you need additional crafting help, check out Pinterest for unicorn ideas.
- Watch a Unicorn Movie: Turn National Unicorn Day into family night (yes, your cat counts as family). Do not forget to make your favorite treat or order pizza.
Whatever you decide to do, enjoy National Unicorn Day. Celebrate the simple unofficial holidays.
One thought on “How to Celebrate National Unicorn Day”
Very interesting, I did not know it was National Unicorn Day.