The official start of autumn is still days away. Cooler nights, harvest time, and the subtle changes to the landscape are signs of the fall season. Due to the pandemic, fall is different this year. Numerous community events are canceled. Social distancing and other guidelines are still in place. But even on a budget, you and your family can enjoy the changing season.
Family Fall Activities
- Play a game of toss football.
- Go apple picking
- Try an apple cider slushy
- Eat a Carmel apple
- Go for a hike (Your dog can go too.)
- Go for a nature walk (Don’t forget your camera)
- Go on a Sunday drive just to look at the changing leaves.
- Collect brightly colored leaves
- Rake leaves into a pile and simply jump in. (Great fun at any age)
- Bake an apple pie. Or bake two, one to keep and one to give away.
- Decorate your home with a fall theme.
- Wax leaves
- Make your favorite homemade soup or try a new recipe.
- Collect pine cones for crafts
- Go stargazing
- Have a fall picnic.
- Have a bonfire on a chilly night.
- East S’mores
- Have a fall-themed craft day.
- Go to the farmer’s market.
Despite canceled events, fall is still a fun season. Spend time with your family. Or grab your bestie and head out for the day.