Whether you are self-isolating, quarantined, social distancing, or just an introvert that does not leave the house, self-care is essential to your well-being. Check out the following for self-care activities to do at home.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink lots of water.
- Sleep: Leave the alarm off, sleep in for an extra half hour, or take an afternoon nap. The extra rest is good for you.
- Read a Book: Dive into that stack of unread books. Or take the time to read a book to your family.
- Bake: Make a homemade meal, bake cookies, or special dessert.
- Unplug: Yes, stay informed during the crisis. But do not spend all day on the Internet or social media. Give yourself a break from the steady bombardment of information.
- Take a Virtual Tour: Numerous museums, art galleries, nature parks, and zoos are offering free virtual tours or live cams. Spend some time touring a place that you may not normally get to see in person.
- Burn a Scented Candle: Light your favorite scented candle to bring a new aroma to your home.
- Declutter and Organize: Is there a particular area in your home that you have been neglecting? Spend some time decluttering, organizing, and rearranging your space to fit your needs.
- Write in a Journal: The journal can simply be pieces of notebook paper. But, taking the time to write out your feelings, fears, or everyday frustrations can be liberating.
- Listen to a Podcast: From movies to daily news, podcasts offer different perspectives on subjects of interest.
- Play Musical Loudly: Turn up your favorite music. Listening to music is a stress reliever. Singing along is just added fun.
- Workout: Try a new workout routine, yoga, or stretching exercises. YouTube has numerous videos at all fitness levels.
- Stay in Your Pajamas: Alright, just be comfy. Stay in your pajamas, lounge pants, or sweat pants. Just spend the day being comfortable.
- Take a Hot Bubble Bath: Relax in a hot bubble bath or take a long shower.
- Watch the Sunrise or Sunset: Stepping outdoors for a few minutes or watching through a window, sunsets, and sunrises are magical to watch.
- Text, Message, Call, or Video Chat: Use your devices to contact old friends or relatives. Being at home for long periods is perfect for safely reconnecting with people.
- Do Crafts: Pull out your hoard of craft supplies and finish a project.
- Snuggle With Your Dog: While binge-watching your favorite show, spend some quality time with your dog.
Now, take a deep breath. Spending time away from others is beneficial to everyone. Use the time to implement different self-care activities. Make your efforts family-oriented activities.