Thanksgiving is almost here! Are you looking for a new Thanksgiving tradition to start this year? Or perhaps expand on your existing traditions. Making memories is the best part of the holiday season. If you are searching for new Thanksgiving traditions to start this year, check out the following list.
- Decorate: Get crafty. Decorate as a family project. Thanksgiving decoration ideas include placements, name holders, and centerpieces.
- Being Grateful: When sitting around the dinner table, ask your family and friends, why are you grateful this year? If you do not want to say your reason out loud, write on a pumpkin. Or jot your message down on precut leaves to hang on a tree.
- Saying Grace: Start a new tradition of praying before you and your family eat Thanksgiving dinner.
- Get Outdoors: Spend some time outdoors. Play football, go for a hike, go on a nature walk, or be part of a fun run (Turkey Trot).
- Bake Together: Make the meal together as a family. Dig out an old family recipe to make. Tell a story about the person who originally made the recipe.
- Volunteer as a Family: Many organizations cater to the homeless on Thanksgiving. Volunteer as a family to homeless shelter, soup kitchen, or other community organization.
- Attend a Thanksgiving Parade: Parades are popular on Thanksgiving. If you cannot attend one in person, watch one a television.
- Family Photos: Before everyone gets too tired from eating all that delicious turkey, take family photos.
- Make Memory Cards: Ask each person to write a Thanksgiving memory. Memory cards are an easy way to learn about your family history.
- Record Family Stories: Use your cell phone to record family stories. Or ask each person to tell you the best part of the day.
- Board Games: After clearing the table, pull out board games. Old favorites, Monopoly, Life, or Sorry, are always a wonderful way to engage your family.
- Watch Football: Get comfortable after the big meal and watch your favorite team.
- Watch A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving: Who cannot resist Snoopy and the gang? Or you could kick off the Christmas season by watching A Miracle on 34th Street.
- Thanksgiving Journal: After everyone is asleep or watching television, take a moment to write in your journal about Thanksgiving 2021.
Happy Thanksgiving! What tradition will you start this year?