Earth Day, April 22, is only a couple days away. Engage in family activities to mark this year’s Earth Day. Are you looking for some ideas on how to celebrate Earth Day 2021 as a family? Check out the following suggestions.
- Go Hiking: Get outdoors and go hiking. If you first starting out, research local hiking trails in your area. There are numerous trails for beginners. The easier trails are perfect for a family outing. Remember to take the necessary equipment, start slow, and enjoy the scenery.
- Go for a Nature Walk: Another way to enjoy trails at local parks is going for a nature walk. Make a list of items you hope to see in nature. Play a game to find different types of animals, leaves, rocks, insects, plants, and more.
- Plant Flowers: Buy seeds to plant flowers in pots or outdoors. For added fun, paint or decorate the pots before planting the seeds.
- Bird Feeding Station: Create a bird feeding station in your yard. Add a bird bath, bird houses, and bird feeders to a safe area to attract birds.
- Go Bird Watching: If you cannot set up your own back yard bird sanctuary, find a local park to search for birds in your area.
- Join a Cleanup: Check out your local Earth Day community events and volunteer. Numerous areas are holding community cleanups. Join the cleanup effort as a family project.
- Go for a Bike Ride: Dust off your bicycles and go for a ride.
- Unplug: Shut off your computer and other electronic devices for an hour or the entire day.
- Take Photos: Grab your phone or favorite camera and photograph the world around you.
- Hug a Tree: Yes, seriously, hug a tree. Discover the different trees in your area. If the weather permits, take a picnic. Just sit and enjoy your time outdoors.
- Make a Video: Document nature and the environment.
- Make an Eco-Friendly Pledge: As a family make a pledge to do better for the environment, then come up with a list of ideas.
Remember, have fun!